solo cap vs 1 defender

Gronkaarr

If I find a node defended by only one guy, what is the best way to try and cap? sleep dart, then if he uses cc breaker, flash bang and then immediately cap? should there be enough time to finish the cap or will flash bang wear off before i'm done? if they don't use cc breaker on sleep dart, could I try again with sleep dart or does that fill his resolve bar? this would depend entirely on the guy wasting the cc breaker on sleep dart, and most people probably just let sleep wear off, so is there a better way to do it?

im heal spec, so trying to go 1v1 and kill the guy will probably take too long. either i will lose 1v1 or someone will show up to help him before too long

Since I don't have an operative myself, I can really only comment from being on the receiving end of someone trying to do this to me. The only reliable way to take the node, assuming the defender isn't just horrible (which, in many cases, they often are in random queues) is to make him waste his CC breaker prior to you going for a real cap. Either make an attempt after someone else tries to make a more straightforward push, or juke him out. Sleep dart, start capping on the opposite side of the turret, wait for them to freak and CC break, then re-stealth and sleep dart again. This is probably easier to do on the grass side of Civil, since if you take a few hits and need to drop combat you can kite around the backside of the cannon. Since a solo defender can't follow you without leaving the cap completely undefended, you can drop combat pretty easy.

Flashbang can work, but at that point it becomes a question of how slow the defender is. Against a really good opponent, especially someone with a targetable instant-damage AoE (like Hail of Bolts of Sweeping Gunfire) it's very difficult, and you have to start capping *immediately* from the back side of the cap after you throw the stun.

Even if you're toying with the solo defender, often if you're doing it while the teams are fighting on a different node, it won't get reinforced immediately unless your team is being severely overwhelmed.

Used to be much easier when sleep dart mezzed for 10 seconds. The mez tactic is pretty unreliable these days since both sleep dart and flashbang last exactly 8 seconds. You have to start capping while the flashbang is in the air on the way to the target or it will wear off before you finish capping. You can sometimes use the turret on Civil War to LOS the defender and buy that extra half second that you need to cap.