The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Gearing for HM.

Arkedius

So im 49 and want to know what steps should i take to start getting gear for HM and the high end flashpoints , i gonna be tanking so i would like all the help u guys can give me since is my first time doing this . thanks in advance , i know is not much of a post but i wanna gear myself properly so i can start doing HM. Where should i start. Edited by Arkedius

First...

Go to the PVP area, hit the quest terminal and grab the quest "New Technologies"

You can complete this quest simply by clicking the box next to the mission terminal.

This gives you a Full suit of Recruiter Gear (DPS or tank .. your choice). Or you can take the 320k token....

Now... if you know the Flash Points... you can move onto HMs.

If you dont know the FPs, I would do normal FPs a few times to understand whats going on, things change up a bit in HM but for the most part thier the same... just stuff hits harder.

Defiitely keep at your Dailies, For Earring, Implants, Maybe Relic? But dailies give good money and a nice upgrade to what you have.

After playing my Healer alot, I started workin my Tank and jumped right into HM FPs with recruiter gear without any issues (Stay away from Lost island lol). You will upgrade gear pretty quickly, plus biuld your 5 Black Hole Comms daily , as long as you use the Que.

If you dont feel comfortable doing HMs in recruiter, then do the noraml high level FPs. They will drop grade 51 gear off the bosses, generaly this is slightly better then your recruiter gear, plus it will give you experience playing the FP.

Edited by Madmecha