The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Fresh 50 Vanguard Tanker reporting in!

Peyote

Howdy Squad,

I’ve been trying to find some resources online for gear to get started on heroic modes and farther out operations. I’m trying not to waste time doing any FP that doesn’t have beneficial gear for me. Are there any sites that are similar to Guild Ox (for WoW) to help find specific gear in Flashpoints? I’ve done several Google searches and I came across Torhead but the database seemed to be incomplete. I would also appreciate any advice anyone has for starting up. I know it’s gonna be a grind so I’m looking to optimize that grind.

My profession is Cybertech and I’m currently working to make anything that would help me. So far I’ve made all my epic armor mods up to level 49 but having some issue finding some adsorb/shield/defense mods to craft. I had some people trying to explain it to me in general chat but I was still a little puzzled on how to craft them.

Thanks,

Peyote

Howdy Squad,

I’ve been trying to find some resources online for gear to get started on heroic modes and farther out operations. I’m trying not to waste time doing any FP that doesn’t have beneficial gear for me. Are there any sites that are similar to Guild Ox (for WoW) to help find specific gear in Flashpoints? I’ve done several Google searches and I came across Torhead but the database seemed to be incomplete. I would also appreciate any advice anyone has for starting up. I know it’s gonna be a grind so I’m looking to optimize that grind.

My profession is Cybertech and I’m currently working to make anything that would help me. So far I’ve made all my epic armor mods up to level 49 but having some issue finding some adsorb/shield/defense mods to craft. I had some people trying to explain it to me in general chat but I was still a little puzzled on how to craft them.

Thanks,

Peyote

http://www.houseofkoog.com/swtor/index.htm

This is extremely useful for gearing.

Oddly enough I asked the very same question in the powertech forums a few days ago and got an exceptional answer, here is the thread http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5026553#post5026553

Excellent information! Thanks!! This is a great starting point.

I know that Bounty Hunters and Troopers are very similar but I lose some of the explanation in the translation of gear. Would someone like to explain the difference in gear? For example I don't know what "Recruit Gear" is and the correlation between BH gear and Trooper gear name wise.

Thanks

Peyote

Excellent information! Thanks!! This is a great starting point.

I know that Bounty Hunters and Troopers are very similar but I lose some of the explanation in the translation of gear. Would someone like to explain the difference in gear? For example I don't know what "Recruit Gear" is and the correlation between BH gear and Trooper gear name wise.

Thanks

Peyote

Recruit gear is the introductory PVP set, which you can find at vendors in the PVP section of the fleet. Despite wasting quite a few stat points on Expertise, you'll often be able to find pieces that are strictly superior to some of your levelup gear, so you may want to start there even if you're not intending to PVP.

Other than the fact that Vanguards use blaster rifles and Powertechs use pistols, the names of endgame gear should be word-for-word identical for the two classes. If you're confused about ability names, there should be a stickied thread in one or both forums that explains the equivalencies.

Edited by CitizenFry