Best Spec for a newly made Marauderr PVE/PVP Levelling

Belief

Hey guys, I've been contemplating making a Maruader for a few dayd now, made one last night, logged off nearly lvl 11 (About 5am :D) and just wanting to pick some brains on thoughts for the best levelling builds? I generally WZ quite a lot, and will be doing some PVE levelling too, not really sure which route is best to give you that starting "boost", so any ideas would be appreciated!

Thankyou :)

Leveling up annihilation will make your leveling very easy. The self heals you get from crits will make it very easy to defeat elite mobs and even solo champion mobs. Annihilation is also the best pve spec out there so if you plan on raiding in the future, I'd learn that rotation. However, annihilation isn't as good for pvp as carnage or rage. If you plan on pvp'ing a lot, I'd try learning carnage or rage at higher levels (~40). Carnage is easier to play than rage, but rage has more potential than carnage if you play it right.

Unless you're a miserly(pinch-penny) player, I recommend testing out the various trees yourself. Just bear in mind that each tree handles differently, just like cars. What may be comfortable and/or effective to someone else might not work so well for you. The credits come easily enough to where you can spec multiple times to test things out(unless you regularly spend all of your credits on cheap Corellian Brandy and fast Twi'leks).

Hey guys, I've been contemplating making a Maruader for a few dayd now, made one last night, logged off nearly lvl 11 (About 5am :D) and just wanting to pick some brains on thoughts for the best levelling builds? I generally WZ quite a lot, and will be doing some PVE levelling too, not really sure which route is best to give you that starting "boost", so any ideas would be appreciated!

Thankyou :)

For a starter spec go Annihilation, I'd recommend getting the Rupture 50% snare as it'll help you stay on targets without having to waste rage. Make sure to get Barrel Roll in the Carnage tree to take 30% less damage from AoE. I wouldn't recommend switching to Carnage until your in at least Full War Hero (But optimized correctly, some of the level 58 mods are better than the 61 mods until you can start farming the War Hero Vindicator Gloves for the MOD, or the War Hero Force-Mystics Gloves for the Enhancement.) Also ensure you gear for VINDICATOR armor over WEAPONMASTER.

Purchase orange body armor, buy the Vindicator Battlemaster gear, rip out the mods and put them in the orange gear. Then sell the Battlemaster Vindicator armor shell for the War Hero Vindicator armor when you're ready for that kind of upgrade.

The War Hero Vindicator 4 set bonus is 10x better than the Weaponmaster bonus, 10% damage after force charge with our other various multipliers can be some serious damage added up at the end of the game since we are essentially spamming that ability every 9-12 seconds.

If you decide to ignore me on the Armor choice you will eventually regret it. It's a very expensive mistake.

Also... BUY THE VINDICATORS LIGHTSABERS. Sigh, I bought two Weaponmaster Lightsabers and it's cost me an extra 4000 RWZ comms to put in what the Vindicator Lightsaber's Mod's and Enhancements give on default. When you get to the point where you are ready to itemize those pieces put in the Force-Mystic Glove Enhancement as it'll net you more power/surge at the cost of endurance.

The best part about playing a Marauder is we have so much survivability between our CD's and with heals we're nearly unstoppable. If you're itemized correctly you'll see 5K crits on a regular basis like myself. If I don't get at least 15 5k crits a game I'm a sad panda. My average crit range on Force scream is 4600-5500 with my highest two crits being 6500.

If you're asking how to itemize you're gear piece by piece, look no further than my Character builder:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/5cd48d26-1023-401d-a166-527b62574fe8

My character builder is showing his damage WITHOUT the Stim, with the stim it'll be much higher. Haven't figured out how to get that buff to display on askmrrobot. (I'm such a min/maxer freak I have 4 classes leveled to 50 so I can have all 4 class buffs, so I calculate the class buffs as my permanent ones.)

You're welcome.

P.S. Get every Strength, Endurance, Willpower Datacron (Willpower gives us a force attack boost and dots/rupture/force scream are force abilities). Level your companions up to 10k affection and do their companion quests, they give stat bonus' (1% accuracy, 1% surge, 1% crit, healing and HP boosts). Level up bionalaysis for the Strength Endurance stim which you can wear 24/7 and since your companions affection is at 10k have your other pets go on slicing missions. I make more than enough to sustain myself between pvp, slicing missions to have enough credits to buy Warzone Medpacs, Warzone Adrenals (They are important especially when you're gear is ****), and the Freeze Grenades (The green ones are cheaper and almost as good as the blue ones).

Edited by Megatfx

Thank you all for your advice, I'll def bear it all in mind.

Mega, thank you for taking the time to write all that, definitely sounds good to me and I'll be bookmarking that post,,although just dinged 13 so it may be seem time away!!

Would love to be able to lvl exclusively on Warzones, but sadly dot think I can mentally do that,ma mixture of PVP and PVE (Focusing on class quests especially)