Yet another idea for Deception assassin DPS increase

Hvezdy

Im playing assassin from the launch of this game, I chose this class because I liked the playstyle of Deception Assassin. But Deception DPS in operations is really horrible(which makes it unplayable :( ), because they dont have any ability that would do damage while our skills dont crit(everyone hates that moment when shock + discharge dont crit ). So my suggestion would be, why not give deception talent that would make our crits from force abilities(shock + discharge) to create a DoT on the target that would deal 20-30% damage inflicted. I know that I got the idea from fire mage in WoW but both classes are about crits from their spells. And I even think this mechanic would fit assassin more because its about acumulating +dmg buffs and then unleashing it upon the enemy rather than casually spamming fireball.

This talent would replace the effect of Saber Conduit, its effect is barely noticable and its quite high up the tree to prevent other speccs from using it. And of course the name would fit it :cool: .

So what do you think? :o At best the DoT would do around 2000 damage without crits (counting 6k discharge crit) which isnt that much(that would depend of the length of the DoT). In my opinion 5 ticks would be sufficient without making it OP(dot ticking for 400 isnt that much, but makes the difference).

p.s.: I spent hour doing parses of different speccs and Deception really IS the worst. (I have fully remoded campaign)

I think the answer is simple to increase the deception damage in pve, make surging charge work more like combustible gas cylinder on the powertech. Whenever you use a certain ability, like voltaic slash, it will proc a 6 sec dot (bleed would be good) on the target. This will improve the sustained damage significantly and make deception more viable for pvp too. Edited by bbare

I think the answer is simple to increase the deception damage in pve, make surging charge work more like combustible gas cylinder on the powertech. Whenever you use a certain ability, like voltaic slash, it will proc a 6 sec dot (bleed would be good) on the target. This will improve the sustained damage significantly and make deception more viable for pvp too.

Mine idea seems better to me :D because the DoT would scale better and its mechanic is not on any class in this game.

Mine idea seems better to me :D because the DoT would scale better and its mechanic is not on any class in this game.

except that the dot only occurs when you crit meaning that the assassin will still have to rely on crits to do damage and they get absolutely no buff to force crit chance in their tree.

Just lower the cost of certain specials through the deception tree, make sure they are high enough for other builds to not get them or make us able to lower the cooldown on darkswell so we can spam it to avoid getting force starved.

That would enable us to push out alot more damage as the main issue here is that i often end up having to use saber strike on almost every other special, when i dont have darkswell up.

Warriors have to use their auto attack too. We just need some DoT mechanic on deception to increase its dps, force regen is fine by me.

Another idea would be to make crushing darkness an instant cast for deception and decrease its force cost significantly after a voltaic slash, like with shock.

Edited by bbare

The whole idea about DoTs counteracts the design of the spec. (IE: Low Slash)

imo in addition to low slash incaping them, it should apply a buff or something that makes your next 3 or 4 attacks also apply a dot thats equal to the combined damage dealt * .8 over 6 seconds or something. i dont know lol.

you could low slash then spam lacerate and apply a dot to all of the mobs for aoe help, or save it for before a huge burst to have some spill over damage. the cooldown is low enough anyways.

it would keep it cool and relevant for pvp as well because you can keep the incap and deception needs burst help anyways. this could help

Edited by savagedialects

To be honest i would like a dot but u have to not just think about pve stuff u have to think about pvp aswell cuz ther are some deception assassins that do fantastic but hate that we die so fast. So instead of saying adding a dot have our surging charge hit harder and more often, have the stacks from static charge increase crit chance of all force attacks and increase the damage of voltaic slash and increase our force regen from our saber slash thingy. One or two of these ideas might help but u have to remember deception is a burst dps spec and a lonewolf spec., we go in, kill our target as fast as we can (which sometimes we cant) and get out and find the next target to kill.

To be honest i would like a dot but u have to not just think about pve stuff u have to think about pvp aswell cuz ther are some deception assassins that do fantastic but hate that we die so fast. So instead of saying adding a dot have our surging charge hit harder and more often, have the stacks from static charge increase crit chance of all force attacks and increase the damage of voltaic slash and increase our force regen from our saber slash thingy. One or two of these ideas might help but u have to remember deception is a burst dps spec and a lonewolf spec., we go in, kill our target as fast as we can (which sometimes we cant) and get out and find the next target to kill.

i like this idea better than a DoT. you want DoT's, spec madness. you want burst, spec deception. powertechs can proc combustible gas cylinder every time they use flame burst. have surging charge proc whenever we use voltaic strike. heck, even make it proc off of maul, shock or discharge (or all of them) if you want to limit it. making surging charge proc more will increase our dps in 2 ways. 1, it does direct damage every time it procs, and 2, static charge will stack up quicker, having discharge hit harder. also, have saber conduit's internal cooldown lowered. make it 6 seconds max. maybe make the set bonus for the pve gear award more than 1 energy when using saber strike. maybe 5 energy would be more sufficient.

giving us a DoT would ruin the use of low slash for deception. it'd be good for an interrupt that adds resolve, not too useful. you don't need a DoT to do good dps. my severely undergeared powertech has his combustible gas cylinder proc for over 1k, and that's a DoT. surging charge hits no where near as hard, and its only direct damage increase its damage, and it should suffice. CGC also adds a 2 second snare. give surging charge something like that as well. that would also add to our dps in pvp, as we'd be less likely to be kited.

Edited by Soull
typo

Well surging charge already proccs off Shock and Discharge. Couldnt believe it myself but it does. And in terms of dps on raids - we need something that makes us less dependent on crits. Im critting for 6k with discharge and 4.5k with shock, 1100-1300 with one hit of voltaic. These numbers look cool but the DPS is still VERY weak. This DoT idea of mine would solve this problem.....

Please no more dots, hate dot builds then i would rather have some more direct damage attacks, i still maintain that we would be better of with some lower force cost on specials.

My vengence specced jugger never and i mean never runs out of rage, its just soo easy to build, deception should be a little more like that

Problem is, we would have to hit a LOT harder than we hit now, and we hit really hard. Our dps falls to pieces when were not lucky to get crits. This DoT mechanic would help or ability that does not trigger global cooldown.

To compare my jugger can do 10k crit over the cast of ravage to compare our force lightning max hit for 4-6k damage and i have a 30% chance to reset CD.

my impale will crit for 4-5k damage and leave a dot my discharge will do 6k when i have 5 stacks which takes time to build impale is on a low CD.

my shatter will crit for 4-5k and leave a nasty dot, my shock will crit for 4-5k with the full voltaic slash my shatter will still do more damage because of dot.

my maul will crit for about 5k, while my smash will hit multiple targets for around 2-3k damage. but requires a build up to get full damage.

So maybe if we get a dot from our normal rotation, maul will land an internal dot and discharge will leave an energy based dot and the ability to buy a 30% chance to reset discharge.

To compare my jugger can do 10k crit over the cast of ravage to compare our force lightning max hit for 4-6k damage and i have a 30% chance to reset CD.

my impale will crit for 4-5k damage and leave a dot my discharge will do 6k when i have 5 stacks which takes time to build impale is on a low CD.

my shatter will crit for 4-5k and leave a nasty dot, my shock will crit for 4-5k with the full voltaic slash my shatter will still do more damage because of dot.

my maul will crit for about 5k, while my smash will hit multiple targets for around 2-3k damage. but requires a build up to get full damage.

So maybe if we get a dot from our normal rotation, maul will land an internal dot and discharge will leave an energy based dot and the ability to buy a 30% chance to reset discharge.

just play madness if you want dot based builds.

deception NEEDS an ignite like effect. with all the crit deception needs, the spillover crit damage should be combined and applied over 4-6 seconds. this way we get a somewhat subtle dps increase without making us dependant on a specific dot we need to cast, or making our attacks hit too hard. this is such an easy mechanic to tune as well. if we need a dps buff/nerf, simply increase/decrease the coefficient.

every crit you do, no matter what source, will put a dot on the target for 40% (or whatever %) the amount of the crit, and it rolls on, adding 20% of each crit to the dot that is slowly ticking down. think deep wounds or ignite.

copy pasting some words from another site, but for example:

Discharge (or any other melee attack) crits for 1500, applying a DoT that will deal 600(40%) over the next 4 seconds. Assuming no further ability used, the combat log (time-tagged here for convenience) will show as follows:

0:00.00 - Your Discharge crits <Target> for 1500 damage.

0:00.00 - <Target> is afflicted by DoT

0:02.00 - <Target> suffers 300 Fire damage from your DoT.

0:04.00 - <Target> suffers 300 Fire damage from your DoT.

how ignite works in wow

this link applies to world of warcraft, specifically for mages, but i feel the mechanic if tweaked a bit can work well for deception and fit into the playstyle seamlessly.

Edited by savagedialects

just play madness if you want dot based builds.

deception NEEDS an ignite like effect. with all the crit deception needs, the spillover crit damage should be combined and applied over 4-6 seconds. this way we get a somewhat subtle dps increase without making us dependant on a specific dot we need to cast, or making our attacks hit too hard. this is such an easy mechanic to tune as well. if we need a dps buff/nerf, simply increase/decrease the coefficient.

every crit you do, no matter what source, will put a dot on the target for 40% (or whatever %) the amount of the crit, and it rolls on, adding 20% of each crit to the dot that is slowly ticking down. think deep wounds or ignite.

copy pasting some words from another site, but for example:

Discharge (or any other melee attack) crits for 1500, applying a DoT that will deal 600(40%) over the next 4 seconds. Assuming no further ability used, the combat log (time-tagged here for convenience) will show as follows:

0:00.00 - Your Discharge crits <Target> for 1500 damage.

0:00.00 - <Target> is afflicted by DoT

0:02.00 - <Target> suffers 300 Fire damage from your DoT.

0:04.00 - <Target> suffers 300 Fire damage from your DoT.

how ignite works in wow

this link applies to world of warcraft, specifically for mages, but i feel the mechanic if tweaked a bit can work well for deception and fit into the playstyle seamlessly.

Right....have you read the original post? This is EXACTLY what I was suggesting :D