Lack of Community Or Developer feedback fix (Mercenary)

Omicrie

Hey guys,

I used to play a merc and while it was fun to play, it suffered from some serous issues. I have recently gotten a new account. Since me and my roommate (who is often out of town) used to share one, and I opted out for a new one. I REALLY do enjoy playing the merc, but after being my first charter and having to re-roll once already because of the state of the game (which was pretty brutal pre server merge). I cant really justify making one right now with my soon to be limited time to play unless there is at least some improvement.

I was hoping that if anyone receives any-feed back on the mercs future or current development (ANY at all), that they would post it in this thread (even if its just a "were looking into it"). Because since 1.2 there has been little to no feed back on this AC and requires to much effort to scourer through every SWTOR thread for an official comment. This would make it so that I and the many other merc fans / players (as well as sympathisers) can have a usable place to go.

Also if you feel the need to, this can be a place to specificity complain about the LACK of feed back for on mercs. (but please refrain from posting current problems unless there formally addressed by BW)

Thanks guys,

Take care and have fun:D

I wouldn't risk making another one, tbh. People say "oh just play whatever you like, class balance changes all the time and the sucky class will be OP before you know it and the OP class will be nerfed to suckiness before you know it".

This doesn't wash when the state of class balance remains the same for months on end with no tweaks at all. I naively stuck with merc for a long time and I regret it.

Edited by Sinsavz

I wouldn't risk making another one, tbh. People say "oh just play whatever you like, class balance changes all the time and the sucky class will be OP before you know it and the OP class will be nerfed to suckiness before you know it".

This doesn't wash when the state of class balance remains the same for months on end with no tweaks at all. I naively stuck with merc for a long time and I regret it.

Which class would you say is the most powerful right now? I really loved the merc story but I find that doing dailies can be difficult. I'm using the bodyguard healing build right now so that could be the reason why. I see other classes like sith inquisitors and sith warriors able to solo H2 and H4 daily heroics with no problems. It's kind of discouraging that this game is not getting the attention it deserves and such balancing issues have yet to be fixed.

• 3 weeks later...
Power-techs and marauders are probably the most powerful classes right now. Snipers have a similar playing style if thats what your into, and they do pretty good dps. I personally like the sin since its a complete 360 as far as utility.