Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Anni rotation to build rage

Bilirubin

New to the Mara, and have not been on it for a while while playing on my main so it was like coming back to the class brand new last night.

Are there recommended rotations I should be using to build rage to maximal levels? I'm only just now level 13 and really feel like I am button mashing as they light up. I would prefer to be more efficient at this.

Annihilation doesn't have a rotation when it comes to combat. They have timer management, meaning when an attack is off timer, hit your enemy with it.. When it comes to rage building, you have Force Charge, Assault, Battering Assault as your rage building attacks. If you're looking for efficiency, it's one of those things that you learn via experience, by trial and error. And Annihilation at frequent times has a frantic fighting style to it, so if that's not your thing, you can try Carnage or Rage spec for fighting stuff.

Thanks for this. I guess I don't get battering assault until level 20 right?

I see what you mean about frantic though--just so many options for attack already at level 13! I'm fine with this though, as its nice change of pace from the boring repetition of my Shadow tank.

Are there particular go to abilities or some that I should just remove from my bar now?

Ummm, you got Battering Assault when you picked to go Marauder. You can't really miss it. 6 rage generation attack with a 15 second cooldown. Also, once you get it, remove Pommel Strike from your bar. You're not exactly chock full of crowd control abilities to utilize it, plus the animation for the attack feels clunky. As for "go to" abilities, you'll love Rupture, Deadly Saber, and once you get high enough, Force Charge(can spec into it to make it have no minimum range), and Annihilate. That along with the defensive cooldowns once you get them. Edited by coldserpent

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.