Use my discs to install for friend

ChrispyGonJin

Discs are not account bound, so that would be fine. Just pop them in and install. Note: you will still have to download the patches though.

Another possibility is copying the installation to external storage and then copying it to her computer. I'm not sure if that's available to you.

I tried this and there seem to be a difference in the 'disk installed' launch and the 'trial' install launcher.

The "disk installed" launcher didn't have the "Enter bnet email address OR trial account name" on the login screen, just the enter email address, where the 'trial installer' did have both options, Although the "trial install" still downloads the entire 21GB game.

(my disk install is from release day)

I tried this and there seem to be a difference in the 'disk installed' launch and the 'trial' install launcher.

The "disk installed" launcher didn't have the "Enter bnet email address OR trial account name" on the login screen, just the enter email address, where the 'trial installer' did have both options, Although the "trial install" still downloads the entire 21GB game.

(my disk install is from release day)

That's fine. You need to update the launcher as well. In order to update, you might need to log in with your account. Once updated, the clients will be identical.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.