Possible Broken Ability for the Jedi Sentinel/Sith Maruder Advanced Class

ZooMzy

Hello! I have been talking amongst fellow players and guild mates about a possibly broken ability specific to the advanced classes listed in the topic title above. I do not know the exact name of this ability, but it's basic description is granting the player invulnerability for a short amount of time at the price of half of their current HP.

The ability is possibly broken because it has no tradeoffs when it comes to healing receivied in combat. So, for example, in PvP combat, the Sentinel can activate the ability at a very low percentage for practically no sacrifice in health and remain completely invulnerable to attacks. While the Sentinel continues to DPS, a healer can easily target the Sentinel as he continues combat to easy bring his health back up to half or nearly full health with back to back criticals. The ability's low cooldown timer also gives the Sentinel an unfair advantage, allowing the user to create a broken cycle most commonly seen in Level 50 PvP combat.

In order to fix this broken ability, I propose that it should be granted a drawback effect similar to the Sith Assassin ability called "Dark Cloak", which allows the user to stealth and exit combat. For example, Dark Cloak has a negative effect from its use where the user gains a 100% reduction in healing received, in order to prevent healers from boosting the user's health back up to half or more when stealthed and out of combat. Dark Cloak also has a long cooldown timer, to prevent the user from abusing it's effects in more than one lifetime in PvP.

I believe it would be fair to apply these same drawbacks to the Jedi Sentinel ability, in order to prevent abuse and creating an unfair advantage on the Republic side. Of course, I believe the Sith Marudar is also capable of this ability. However, due to the high amount of healers in PvP in comparison to those on the Imperial side, I believe this ability is more commonly abused by the Jedi Sentinel, and gives the Republic side an unfair advantage when it comes to PvP combat.

Thanks for your time! I was also informed to include the ticket number in this thread post, which is 6105387, for official documentation. :)

-Zuhara

ROFL you must be kidding, undying rage and gbtf have been around for months, working as INTENDED. They aren't broken in anyway, except that you need to be able to pop them while stunned, as that's the only real way a sent/mara is killed off if they are good.

ROFL you must be kidding, undying rage and gbtf have been around for months, working as INTENDED. They aren't broken in anyway, except that you need to be able to pop them while stunned, as that's the only real way a sent/mara is killed off if they are good.

The ability is more like a "last stand" type defense, where the user is able to continue inflicting a good amount of damage before dying off in a battle where they are outnumbered or to give them an advantage over their opponents in duels. With a healer, where the Republic side has nearly 3-4 on coordinated teams in lvl 50 PvP, a Sentinel does not have to worry about dying off against an enemy force simply because once the ability is active, a healer can easily bring their health back up to half or more. The reason why it's broken is because the low cooldown timer for the ability allows the Sentinel to create a cycle, where the user will be able to access the ability again when they are close to death once more on a team with healers. With that unfair advantage, a high DPS class on the Republic side such as the Sentinel can extend their lifetime similar to when tank Assassins could gain high DPS by simply wearing Stalker gear in PvP.

So the "last stand" ability is working just the way it's intended to? Just like how it was intended that the tank Assassins could improve their DPS in a fight simply by wearing Stalker gear? Personally, I think they are in the same category, except that the goals are vice versaed. The tank Assassins wanted to gain DPS, while the Marudars/Sentinels are looking to gain damage reduction. It may not be as common in low level PvP, since it requires at least 1 coordinated healer. But it's very common when 4 man teams que up for regular WZs at the level intensity of 50 WZs.

My advice was to simply turn the "last stand" ability into just that: a last stand. With healers healing them up to normal once they are invulnerable and the low cooldown timer allowing them to reactivate it again once they are lowered to that point, that "last stand" ability turns into a broken cycle that gives a coordinated team an unfair advantage.