WoW Loses 1.1M Subscribers, Down to 9.1M

Taorus

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, I was going to say, does an Asian not count as a person or something? Is this some Three-fifths compromise-style math?

But Chinese players do not hold a subscription.

When reporting subscription numbers this is a pretty key detail.

Driz

Edited by ImperialSun

I would like to remind the Community Managers of how they used to lock so many posts in the past. Apparently, they only lock inconvenient posts:

Greetings!

We ask that threads made in General Discussion center on discussion of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. We have closed this thread as the discussion primarily focuses on other games. Please ensure that topics in General Discussion relate to Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Thanks!

how times have changed lol

No they didnt, they said break even point was 500k and they were well above it, and they were just under 1 mil.

WoWs numbers have been fudged since they went into china, know why, cos china dont have subs and they are the bulk of wows playerbase. On the highest count wow outside of china counted for 4.6 mil actual subs all the others were pay by the hour none subs.

SWTOR doesnt have any pay by the hours so all subs are actual subs.

link to source or this is just another made up number on the internet

Edited by DarthRik

But Chinese players do not hold a subscription.

When reporting subscription numbers this is a pretty key detail.

Driz

Yup, and not to mention is this drop in relation to annual passes running out in wow so they were keeping subs higher by locking people in for a year and how many are still on annual passes but havnt run out yet.

Edited by Shingara

Yes, but despite what people says, people that have annual passes are 1.2 million precisely.

Do you see the magnitude of this ?

A) There are around two times more people loyal enough to WoW to pay in advance one year than total paying players in TOR....

B)Claims that WoW subs numbers are propped only by annual passes are widely exagerated, as those subs amount to around 15% of WoW playerbase

BTW, if you think that 1.2 million people were stupid enough to pay 12 months for having a ''free'' DIII.... It's true a chunk of those players are currently upset to have paid this contract...but you must consider that Blizzard said kinda openly that in case of a breech of contract, you lose your mount, your beta access and your DIII copy. They said openly there were not going to sue people.

Edited by Angedechu

so you think they will pump out content and that EA are going to leave you alone and just let you pay your sub

if your willing to pay for a sub in a free to play game then as far as they look at it, what else are you willing to pay for?

also a sub for unlimited acces to warzone/flashpoint and Ops is worth it?????

think i'll stick to my panda and my monthly sub and not have to worrie that my game isnt going to turn into a pay to win model 6 months after f2p hits.

you can defend this game as much as you want, but lets open this thread in 3 months time.

lets see what swtors number will be like, now that the 6 month subs have run out and then compair it to WoWs subs numbers who has just had a major xpac, im thinking they will pick up most of them 1.1million back if not more

Ah but that is where your statement falls down.

TOR is a subscription based MMO which happens to have a free to play option up to level 50. That free option is restricted in content unless you pay as you go or pay for a monthly sub, in which case you get access to all game content. The free trial option is also limited to current game content and does not include future game content.

Just because you keep saying this is not a sub based MMO and WoW is....even though WoW has all of same f2p options built in...does not make it true I am afraid.

Driz

Yes, but despite what people says, people that have annual passes are 1.2 million precisely.

A) There are around two times more people loyal enough to WoW to pay in advance one year than total paying players in TOR....

B)Claims that WoW subs numbers are propped only by annual passes are widely exagerated, as those subs amount to around 15% of WoW playerbase

Its only 15% when you take it for all subs counted, now do it for actual people who pay subs and that count was 4.6 mil total when it was counted as 12 mil subs including the numbers given be theo9.

Edited by Shingara

TOR is a subscription based MMO which happens to have a free to play option up to level 50. That free option is restricted in content unless you pay as you go or pay for a monthly sub, in which case you get access to all game content. The free trial option is also limited to current game content and does not include future game content.

Just because you keep saying this is not a sub based MMO and WoW is....even though WoW has all of same f2p options built in...does not make it true I am afraid.

Driz

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, at all.

Loyal? You mean players who bought a annual pass to qualify for Diablo 3 and have stopped playing WoW months ago?

But sure, they did buy an annual pass once upon a time...they have not played WoW for months but still call them an active player and chuck them in the mix.....

Loyal? You mean players who bought a annual pass to qualify for Diablo 3 and have stopped playing WoW months ago?

But sure, they did buy an annual pass once upon a time...they have not played WoW for months but still call them an active player and chuck them in the mix.....

Dont forget the people who bought annual pass who did it to get into mop beta.

My point is you said they were ditching the sub model, which they are not.

Yeah I guess I expressed wrong myself , I should just state how they weren't able to keep this game with just PTP model because this game tanked hard and because they maded subpar MMO , hence why they will go with hybrid FTP- subscription model from now on like all MMOS which failed in past.

Edited by Lunablade

¸

If you pay for the game, you are an active subber. It's not hard to undertand.

I can't play TOR for a second from friday to monday usually, and I'm still an active sub.

so you think they will pump out content and that EA are going to leave you alone and just let you pay your sub

if your willing to pay for a sub in a free to play game then as far as they look at it, what else are you willing to pay for?

also a sub for unlimited acces to warzone/flashpoint and Ops is worth it?????

think i'll stick to my panda and my monthly sub and not have to worrie that my game isnt going to turn into a pay to win model 6 months after f2p hits.

you can defend this game as much as you want, but lets open this thread in 3 months time.

lets see what swtors number will be like, now that the 6 month subs have run out and then compair it to WoWs subs numbers who has just had a major xpac, im thinking they will pick up most of them 1.1million back if not more

Lol...you keep paying your sub for a 7 year old game that was bad at launch, looks even more dated now and is so despaerate to keep its subs they resort to adding in Kung Fu Panda and pokemon battles. More power to you.

I will keep paying my sub to a game that I enjoy.

Driz

Driz

OMG your a idiot

this game is going FREE TO PLAY!!!!!

read the front page of this website.

they sub is staying so they can try and make money on top of the cash shop that will soon be the main focus of this game. do you really think this game is going to get better? bugs fixed? new fresh content with full VO? space combat that is new ???

wake up it isnt going to happen

and to all that say Lotrs is a good game since f2p... what utter crap they talk, its full of bots/gold farmers and the content is small and reused, BUt the cash shop is always full of new items for you to buy.

this is what swtor will turn into and this is what EA want all games to be, nothing more than an iphone app game on your PC.

Swtors next big rival is Dragonvale not WoW or ESO.. lol

Coulda, Woulda, Shoula, Maybe...

Come on guys. It's a simple question.

Which game is free 2 play?

WoW or SWTOR?

Doesn't matter, Guild Wars 2 is coming this month so i won't be playing either of those two games ever again. :D

Lol...you keep paying your sub for a 7 year old game that was bad at launch, looks even more dated now and is so despaerate to keep its subs they resort to adding in Kung Fu Panda and pokemon battles. More power to you.

I will keep paying my sub to a game that I enjoy.

Driz

you will pay for a sub to a game that had no features at launch, was buggey as hell, that didnt get any of the mmo standered features untill 4 months in, and has bleed subs from day one?

also on the graphics front, unless to have tryed MoP, which i have on the PTR, the graphic, yet cartoony are far better than they have been, Blizzard to be fair to them have updated it, something BW cant do with the hero engine or they would have fixed the FPS lag bugs by now.

i bet you will be the first to buy his Darth Vader outfit from the cash shop