Why F2P wont work for SWTOR

gunnerjoe

After reading news about this new F2P system for SWTOR, it got me wondering what Bioware / EA was thinking economically. Lets face the facts, a lot of the people who bought this game likely played KOTOR 1 and KOTOR 2 and just wanted to see what KOTOR 3 (or swtor in your case) was like, they did not care about flashpoints (except a few without giving spoilers) warzones, ops or anything like that, they just wanted to see the story. So now that the F2P model will come with full access to all the story and limited access to anything else, it makes me not understand how EA/Bioware will make any profit for this game. People will unsub come Nov. because they quiet frankly dont care about anything else other than story. What is there to buy in the shop, flashpoint/ops access, warzone access and some cosmetic stuff. I expect many to unsub because they just want to play the story, and since F2P players get story free I dont expect the purchases of this in game store to increase profits. With the game being $14.99 in Nov. you might see puchase rates of this game go up but other than that $14.99 spent, I dont expect much more being bought.

also alot of ppl are having a blast playing the game like myself and i dont see myself unsubing no time soon.

I agree, but a lot of people mostly enjoy the story and do not really care about anything else meaning that a lot of people with just simply drop the subscription because there is no need to pay for something you dont do.