An Encouragement to Bioware

Arallan

Hi Bioware,

I wanted to write this to you to let you know that I don't blame you for anything. Bioware has made some of the finest games that I have ever played. I mean Baldurs Gate, Neverwinter Nights etc... You guys have made some really good games, and you can do so again.

But not with Bioware. Because Bioware is under EA. And EA is an absolutely horrible company.

I have seen it more than once. I know your track record Bioware. I know the quality. I really don't think this is your fault. All of the decisions that seem to have been made are decisions made by a salesman, not an artist (designer).

I won't go on too far a rant, but EA is the worst thing in gaming right now.

They utterly do not care about the customer. And I seriously think that EA thinks that all of the customers are complete morons. Those who work on creating games do so because they want to create something (and of course to make a living). EA doesn't care about that. At all. It's just a fact, and there is really nothing to be done about it.

I'll say this. I will continue to play SWTOR for a while. I really enjoy the game, actually I think most people have. I figure there has got to be something keeping you from making SWTOR a success(there were decisions that were made that I don't think a company like yours would make, honestly, with your experience, I truly believe you know better), and I figure thats EA. I think that you were not allowed to make SWTOR a success, because your creativity was stifled and you were probably driven like slaves to release the game.

I don't think people realize how much control EA has over you. And the sick part is that I don't think you can tell anyone, can you?

Well Bioware. I make a promise to you. After I am finished playing SWTOR, I will not play a game connected to EA in any way, shape or form.

I truly hope other gamers will join me in that.

Best of luck to all of you. Thank you so much for the games you've made. Hope to see alot of you starting your own studios!

Thanks and good luck!