Starwars?...more like Stunwars

Pezzz_zzzz

Sure, quick games can be fun from time to time. (6-0 huttballs, 3 cap NCs and CWs, 2 minute VSs where we keep the enemy slowed while we blow the crap outta some doors) However, that's certainly not why I like Huttball. I prefer hard-fought matches in general, but especially in the pit. The only close matches that get a bit boring for me are VSs that begin and end on the first door, but fortunately they shook things up a bit with the divider. NC and CW matches where the nodes change hands are much more fun than 2 capping and holding. (although the aforementioned 3 cap and hold is damn satisfying)

A close huttball match trumps them all, though. Even if you win with 6 points, it can still take the whole game to score them. For example, we had a 6-1 rated game the other night. While that may sound like a landslide victory, the other team made us work our butts off to score those points and stop theirs. (namely by working their butts off in turn) Games like that, regardless of the score, are awesome because they are filled with clutch passes, stuns, pulls, last minute heals/ dps races, etc. More than any other WZ, every game of Huttball is different.

There have been several threads on these forums ranking the different WZs, and Huttball has always been the top pick. Considering that most people who bother to post here are the vocal minority of players, that speaks volumes. I'm sorry that you haven't been enjoying it, but like others have said, it really does come down to who you play with and how well you play with them. Nothing is more frustrating than a huttball match with people who have no idea what they're doing.

This frustration isn't due to resolve somehow being "bad" or to stuns being cheap, though. In fact, it's because resolve works that causes issues. It's the bad players who fill the ball-carriers resolve instantly that can immediately sour a game of Huttball, the guys who try to run over the fire pits while their breaker is on CD, the douche-nozzles who just won't pass no matter how many times you ask them to.

The only issues I've seen in WZs have been because of poor play, not because of gear, resolve, or class balance. I've played many matches with guildies on their recruit-geared alts where they did just fine, even topping the charts. Sure, it helps that I kept them and the rest of the team healed, and they would've done better in WH gear, but they weren't dragging the team down because they are good players. The sad fact is there are many people who just aren't very good at the game, no matter what level they are or what gear they have. This will always be the case for any game. Even without gear in GW2, I can guarantee that there will be plenty of people whining on those forums before too long simply because they can't cope against better players.

-Hedley Melange <Physics>, Dreshdae-->The Shadowlands-

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic