Good fight, good night

snaussages

Dear Bioware,

Solid game. Loved the class stories. However, after completing 5 different classes, there isn't a drive to continue and go through the exact same missions all over again (except the few class ones on each planet). If you could somehow expedite the leveling experience for those with a high legacy level (currently 32) other than puchasing the virtually pointless 1-2% xp bonuses for exploration, space battles, etc... that wouldn't impact the class missions, it would be more inviting to continue. If I could just to my class missions to level, and pvp and do random world missions and an occasional flashpoint it would be nice. However, having to run all over the place the 6th time through... I just can't force myself to do it. Also, once this becomes free to play, every 6 year old with a computer will be on and it'll completely ruin the gaming experince. What you should have done is decrease the monthly cost to maybe $5 for limited play access or whatever you are doing. All I find interesting is the class stories and the occasional flash point. If I can do that for free, why bother paying?

I've been following this game since 2009, before all 8 classes were even announced... read everything possible before this game launched. This was truely a fanastic game, just at launch the too many servers (while needed for the first week to help with queues) killed it. Then it took way too long to combine servers, and by then 700,000 people (paying customers) had left the game. It was the right response, just too late. I'm sad that happend.

Best of luck

Edited by snaussages

I agree, the leveling of alt characters does get a bit repetitive and boring but only thing that keeps me going is the fact I don't enjoy being 50 that much, I like to power through alts to 40 then be a machine in PvP for 9 levels and re-roll :L

This is so true. :(

While i understand what you guys are getting at, making the game F2P isnt that much of an overall change. I was with LOTRO when they switched to F2P - as a paying member i didnt have to worry about buying the general questing zones, and the monthly store currency was enough to buy all the endgame content i needed. The quality of the players didn't deteriorate either - the endgame was still a bunch of nice guys chatting away on glff, running raids and instances with little to no interjection from whiny kids. People always seem to think that F2P will kill a game, when in reality it gives you more players. People playing for free aren't necessarily going to be children - there's plenty of mature people out there who will take the opertunity to give the game a real shot.

The biggest impact that kids will have is on the starter planets, maybe even up as far as nar shaddaa for both sides, but as far as overall game quality goes, you won't be suddenly thrown into CoD chatrooms (a legitimate quote i heard from a guildmate :p )