Power vs Crit

SluggerDarren

I have stacked crit in my mods and enchancments and stacked str in my augments; my stats unbuffed are:

740-900 damage range

37.06 crit % (melee)

103.75 acc

73% surge rating

When im buffed my rupture will crit 5/6 times and hit for 520. What are these ticks compare to the non crit rupture of someone who puts straight power in their augs, mods and enchancemnts?

The reason I aks is what is better? Stacking power over crit (constant damage with 25% cirt) compared to crit over power (almost constant crit of +73% damage boost from surge). But the answer comes down to the fact of how much damage rupture ticks for non crit when someone has stacked power on the rakata level.

If anyone can give this information it will be apprecatied =)

You mentioned "on the rakata level" so I take it - this post is about pve.

In pve there are times of burn, and in those times you should be popping berserk, so by stacking crit and neglecting power, you are negating the major benefits of berserk.

Im not saying to completelly remove crit, but definatelly drop it down a notch to where DR starts to really take affect.

I personally sit at 20% unbuffed and I think it's still too high, except that most campign weapon masters stuff has crit, so I've been replacing mods with my black hole coms to get vindicator parts

If "DR" you demonishing returns than DR for sith maras is 40%, I have done the calculations. But I understand the burn periods but why not crit all the time? There are periods where one cant grab beserk quick enough.

But what I want to know is what is the damage done for non crit rupture ticks for someone with all power stats? Is it close to the ticks of the 520 crit ticks of rupture.

The reason of asking this is due to if i crit 5/6 times for 520 its going to be 2820 damage every time I use rupture. For example, if someone who records rupture ticks (non crit) for 450 than the total damage will be 2700, so power will be better.

So does anyone know what rupture ticks (non crit) when one stacks power in rakata or bh gear?

id suggest dropping your crit down to about 30% unbuffed, increase your surge to somewhere in the 75-76% range and stack everything else power. You'd probably gain close to 100 base dmg (maybe 60-80 idk) but upping your surge from 73-76 will also prob add another 100 or more dmg to your crits. Also could probably afford to drop some acc. down to about 98-99% Edited by wetslampigduex