LVL 50 Gunslinger, confused on what to do

PestilenceRising

I just hit lvl 50 with my Gunslinger but still have some quests to do on Ilum. Should I keep moving through the quests and get them done before I start to work on the black hole stuff.

Also I see a lot of talk about black hole, Rakata, and Columni gear. is that something I just have not gotten to yet. I know I can buy it on the fleet with the right commendations but it does not seem I have began to receive those comms yet.

Most of my gear is orange and I keep putting better mods, enhancements, etc... in them. Will this keep my gear in high enough stats or should I put more focus on the black hole, rakata, etc.... gear???

I just hit lvl 50 with my Gunslinger but still have some quests to do on Ilum. Should I keep moving through the quests and get them done before I start to work on the black hole stuff.

Also I see a lot of talk about black hole, Rakata, and Columni gear. is that something I just have not gotten to yet. I know I can buy it on the fleet with the right commendations but it does not seem I have began to receive those comms yet.

Most of my gear is orange and I keep putting better mods, enhancements, etc... in them. Will this keep my gear in high enough stats or should I put more focus on the black hole, rakata, etc.... gear???

http://feature.mmosite.com/swtor/1.2_dailies_and_endgame_pve_gearing.shtml

This guide is a bit old, but the information remains to be accurate. It outlines the gear progression after you hit level 50, and there are links to more specific information on things like Operations and Flashpoints.

As long as you've finished your class story, you don't need to worry about finishing certain quests - although some of the quests you have on Ilum may be dailies. You can pull mods out of columi/rakata gear you get from Operations or HM Flashpoints and put them in your orange gear, but that can become very expensive, and you will lose the set bonuses attached to the columi/rakata shell.

Hi PestilenceRising,

Gear progression goes: Daily Quest Mods (50), Tionese/Xenotech (51), Columi/Exotech (56), Rakata (58), Black Hole/Campaign (61).

Tionese, Columi, Rakata, and Campaign gear has set bonuses.

Tionese gear comes from commendations/crystals and Normal mode FPs.

Columi gear comes from commendations and the end bosses of Hard Mode FPs. You can also get columi from the Story (Normal) mode of tier 1 operations Karagga's Palace and Eternity Vault.

Rakata comes from gear tokens in Hard mode Karagga's Palace and Eternity Vault. It also comes from Story mode Explosive Conflict (tier 2 operation) and the end boss of Lost Island (tier 2 flashpoint).

Black Hole comes from commendations in various daily/weekly quests. Check on the fleet and in your group finder window. Black Hole gear also drops in Explosive Conflict story/hard mode along with in extra chests in Nightmare KP.

Campaign Gear currently only drops from bosses on Hard mode Explosive Conflict.

My recommendation would be to either:

A) Find some experienced or geared friends in a guild to help skip over normal flashpoints and go straight for Columi gear. Work on Black Hole commendations by doing the group finder dailies and doing the Corellia weekly.

B) Work your way up from the bottom solo by doing Illum dailies to get at least all item lvl 50 mods and get experience on normal mode flashpoints and get most of your tionese gear before attempting some of the hard mode flashpoints.

Some of the hard mode flashpoints are actually really easy, but some people just want to rush through them and might not play nice if you are still in blue gear.

Hope this helps.

To answer the original question. The trigger for end game content is reaching 50 not completing your class quest (although some of the final class quests give you daily commendations which are useful to new 50s).

We have a trooper in the guild who has all rakata gear but hasn't completed his class quests :rolleyes: