Troopers can't use blaster pistols

ratatech

Hi,

I have an issue with the Trooper character.

Since i created my Trooper character and started playing swtor i have noticed in cutscenes when ever i pick the darkside kill character conversation option he draws his blaster pistol and executes the character in question but outside of those cutscenes my Trooper can't use blaster pistols due to lacking the required weapons proficency.

Now i find it silly that Troopers can use a blaster pistol in cutscenes like they have trained to use them since bootcamp yet outside of cutscenes they can't use blaster pistols and it makes no sense.So i would like to see in a future update the ability for Troopers to use blaster pistols outside of cutscenes and here's how it could work you would have a main weapons slot for your blaster rifles/assault cannons,a power generator/shield slot and a secondary weapon slot for blaster pistols to use the blaster pistol you would have a empty keyboard key assigned the function of switching between your blaster rifle/assault cannon and your pistol.

I welcome your thoughts on this idea.

Every class uses a pistol to excute it wouldn't be very honorable to cut them in half with a assault canon. Every gun class.

Yeah it would not be honorable to cut them in half with an assault cannon but that's not the point of my thread the point is it does not make sense for Troopers to use a pistol in cutscenes like they have trained to use them since bootcamp but outside of cutscenes you can't use due to lacking the required weapons proficency.

There's no logic to it and i would like to see Troopers the ability to use blaster pistols in a future update and before you say it would make Troopers underpowered the Bounty Hunter class does just fine with blaster pistols if they can take on Elite,Boss and Champion-type enemies with blaster pistols so can Troopers.

I noticed this the other day aswell, bought a lovely new blaster rifle then im using a flimsy little pistol in cutscenes, oh well..[/quote

Hehe yeah it is a bit strange normally execution by gunshot is done with a rifle not with a pistol.

The reason they use pistols in the cut-scenes is probably so they can choreograph the scenes and not have to worry about the weapon differences of the Commando and Vanguard.

Yeah that does make alot of sense if you do that way you don't need to create and reccord two sets of cutscenes.

btw a Commando using an assault cannon to execute a character in a cutscene would look ridiculous.

I was thinking that IRL (I know I know) most soldiers carry a side arm, and in addition, most will tell you they never use it.

I read an argument over what Navy SEALS use for a side arm, and one Seal said he's never used his, but was more likely to use it on himself if he ever got captured lol.