At Lev 50 - Murarder Need Help

Philsyhart

Hey,

I've just reached Lev 50 but my Enhancements are all over the place

Whats the main 3 things enhancement wise i need to use for my Class?

Power Obviously but the other 2???

and for my companion Healing me what should i be looking for Enhancement wise?

Thanks

Hey,

I've just reached Lev 50 but my Enhancements are all over the place

Whats the main 3 things enhancement wise i need to use for my Class?

Power Obviously but the other 2???

and for my companion Healing me what should i be looking for Enhancement wise?

Thanks

We need more info to correctly answer your quesiton.

Are you Annihilation? Carnage?

Do you PVP at all?

for enhancements, look for power, crit and surge., if you're a fresh 50 and running daily's and HM FP's, you;ll be upgrading gear so fast you might not have time to hunt for the best stuff until you start getting Rakata and Black Hole gear.

I'm kind of in the same boat. I just hit 50 as a Carnage Marauder and I'm trying to gear up for the hard-modes and end-game content. I can't seem to get my Crit over 25%, un-buffed.

That's gonna be tough to do if you just hit 50.

Are all of your gear augmented? relics augmented? Implants? earpiece? Weapons?

That's gonna be tough to do if you just hit 50.

Are all of your gear augmented? relics augmented? Implants? earpiece? Weapons?

I'm in the process of doing that, yes. I just got my lightsabers fully augmented and purpled out with an eye towards Crit. Gradually building up my other pieces.

Honestly I forget which tree it is, as I play a Sent - whichever is the DoT burn tree is the one you want for PVE.

And in that case, Power is NOT a very primary stat. It's quite low on the list, actually.

Ultimately you want to end up with...

Str - high as possible. Almost all augments should go to this, with a few possibly going to...

Accuracy. 100%, or around 325. A couple augments may be required to fine tune this.

Critical - 350-400 crit rating, which should put you at about 35%+ with the smuggler buff

Surge - 75-77%, or about 250-300 rating

Power.

Power is not as important for your dots, and does not increase damage much more than str. Str, however, increases crit chance slightly. So in all aspects, Strength will always supercede Power in importance.

Accuracy needs to be at 100% so special attacks will have a 110% chance, allowing you to move past the defense chance of most bosses, which is 10%. Also, your offhand has a 33% reduced hit chance, so accuracy is even more important for marauders/gunslingers than other classes. Even going a bit above 100% is fine, as your offhand attacks will hit more.

Crit - Crit heals you! A lot, actually. A pretty enormous amount over the course of a raid. And a lot of your attacks will benefit from a little more crit chance than a few extra points of damage, so it beats out power.

Surge - see above. Having your burn dots do tremendous damage is nice.

Power is better for other classes - slower classes.

Alacrity is not only useless, it's a negative. The one and only thing it does for you is reduce the channeled time of force choke. I saw a sent the other day with alacrity augments and I wanted to smack him upside the head :p

Edited by DraydeRhionnan

Honestly I forget which tree it is, as I play a Sent - whichever is the DoT burn tree is the one you want for PVE.

Not necessarily ,Carnage is just as viable as Annihilation is, and there are a lot of fights where it's actually better to have burst damage over the DOT damage, like SOA for instance... on the 3rd stage you have a very short window to do damage, also the Mind Traps you want to burn them down asap.

Not necessarily ,Carnage is just as viable as Annihilation is, and there are a lot of fights where it's actually better to have burst damage over the DOT damage, like SOA for instance... on the 3rd stage you have a very short window to do damage, also the Mind Traps you want to burn them down asap.

Yar! Soa's vulnerable time is enough to get through a rotation and then some, and you can keep merciless slash stacks up on mind traps between. Your statement would be true if his vulnerable period were only a second or two - but there's enough time to get off quite a bit.

We need more info to correctly answer your quesiton.

Are you Annihilation? Carnage?

Do you PVP at all?

for enhancements, look for power, crit and surge., if you're a fresh 50 and running daily's and HM FP's, you;ll be upgrading gear so fast you might not have time to hunt for the best stuff until you start getting Rakata and Black Hole gear.

Rage??

No im not into PVP just Flashpoints and storymode

I'm kind of in the same boat. I just hit 50 as a Carnage Marauder and I'm trying to gear up for the hard-modes and end-game content. I can't seem to get my Crit over 25%, un-buffed.

Getting past 25% pre-columi will be tough. currently columi + rakata + 1 BH and sitting just under 30% iirc (jugg tho)

For Anni you don't need 35% crit chance your going to be rolling berserk all day anyways. 74+ surge is more important. Get the Battlemaster relics with 103 power, then stack might augments and surge.

And in that case, Power is NOT a very primary stat. It's quite low on the list, actually.

Ultimately you want to end up with...

Str - high as possible. Almost all augments should go to this, with a few possibly going to...

Accuracy. 100%, or around 325. A couple augments may be required to fine tune this.

Critical - 350-400 crit rating, which should put you at about 35%+ with the smuggler buff

Surge - 75-77%, or about 250-300 rating

Power.

Power is not as important for your dots, and does not increase damage much more than str. Str, however, increases crit chance slightly. So in all aspects, Strength will always supercede Power in importance.

Accuracy needs to be at 100% so special attacks will have a 110% chance, allowing you to move past the defense chance of most bosses, which is 10%. Also, your offhand has a 33% reduced hit chance, so accuracy is even more important for marauders/gunslingers than other classes. Even going a bit above 100% is fine, as your offhand attacks will hit more.

Crit - Crit heals you! A lot, actually. A pretty enormous amount over the course of a raid. And a lot of your attacks will benefit from a little more crit chance than a few extra points of damage, so it beats out power.

Surge - see above. Having your burn dots do tremendous damage is nice.

Power is better for other classes - slower classes.

Alacrity is not only useless, it's a negative. The one and only thing it does for you is reduce the channeled time of force choke. I saw a sent the other day with alacrity augments and I wanted to smack him upside the head :p

Wrong,

Power is HUGELY important to us Marauders.

If you stack STR as high as possible, you'll be gimping yourself.

• 4 weeks later...
Wrong,

Power is HUGELY important to us Marauders.

If you stack STR as high as possible, you'll be gimping yourself.

Don't second guess me without research.

The difference in damage increase between power and strength is incredibly small, yet strength adds to crit chance, which is more important to Marauders - especially annihilation, since burn crits in annihilation heal you.

Power is HUGELY unimportant, save as a secondary stat to increase once the curve for crit and surge has been reached, and accuracy is at 100% for PVE or 95% for PVP. It definitely doesn't trump strength on a 1:1 ratio.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.