Voidstar has no place in rateds.

Aehgo

It is one of the worst,most boring maps in ranked warzones to play.

All you need is a tank sin to stay stealth till the spawn timer ****s you over.He can stop the plant till your team is out of spawn and goes back into to stealth,repeating this he entire warzone.Its boring and the outcome wil be a draw...or will it?Some idiot at BW thought it was a good idea for VS draws to be decided radomly in RANKED warzones../facepalm.

This map has no place in rateds as the winner will always be radomly decided when teams of the same skill level play eachother...

It is one of the worst,most boring maps in ranked warzones to play.

All you need is a tank sin to stay stealth till the spawn timer ****s you over.He can stop the plant till your team is out of spawn and goes back into to stealth,repeating this he entire warzone.Its boring and the outcome wil be a draw...or will it?Some idiot at BW thought it was a good idea for VS draws to be decided radomly in RANKED warzones../facepalm.

This map has no place in rateds as the winner will always be radomly decided when teams of the same skill level play eachother...

Learn to AoE and to stun faster.

Learn to AoE and to stun faster.

Learn to aoe?lol,stun faster?

Scenario-

Your team has killed the defenders at roughly the same time.

You start to plant,your team drops stealth scans and aoes everywhere.

On the sixth/seventh second you get stunned/pulled and the tanksin pops his force shroud and can stall you for another 5 seconds,immune to cc,he can also use his combat stealth to stall even more.By that time his team will probably be out of spawn.If they are not you can try cc the assassin and plant,but chances are his CC breaker will be up,pretty easy to break cc and interrupt in less then a second,before your team can re apply a CC

I know this because I am always the assassin doing this,in tank gear with 27k health+medpacks it takes some time to burn me down when all my CDs are up...

Edited by Aehgo

Learn to aoe?lol,stun faster?

Scenario-

Your team has killed the defenders at roughly the same time.

You start to plant,your team drops stealth scans and aoes everywhere.

On the sixth/seventh second you get stunned/pulled and the tanksin pops his force shroud and can stall you for another 5 seconds,immune to cc,he can also use his combat stealth to stall even more.By that time his team will probably be out of spawn.If they are not you can try cc the assassin and plant,but chances are his CC breaker will be up,pretty easy to break cc and interrupt in less then a second,before your team can re apply a CC

I know this because I am always the assassin doing this,in tank gear with 27k health+medpacks it takes some time to burn me down when all my CDs are up...

He used combat stealth twice? Unless you mez them from stealth (10m range) anything you do to them is going to place you into combat. After that you only have one escape stealth. How are you stealthing a second time?

He used combat stealth twice? Unless you mez them from stealth (10m range) anything you do to them is going to place you into combat. After that you only have one escape stealth. How are you stealthing a second time?

Not to mention that the ranked warzone almost certainly has some vanguards in it dotting everyone along with some AoEs going constantly, so the chances of him getting into and staying in stealth against a competent team is pretty slim.

I didn't say anything about using combat stealth twice?I said he could use it after interrupting you and poppng force shroud to stall for longer.When his shroud is over,you can cc but his CC breaker will be up,and assassin has 3 options if hes 10+ meters away,force pulll,electricute or recklessness+forcelightening(Only use if the other 2 are on CD).

By that time hes bought his team atleast 30 seconds and they are definately out of spawn,he can just die,re-enter stealth and wait for the same situation again...

Not to mention that the ranked warzone almost certainly has some vanguards in it dotting everyone along with some AoEs going constantly, so the chances of him getting into and staying in stealth against a competent team is pretty slim.

Thats why I said he would use it with force shroud...

I see a lot of exaggeration on both sides. Voidstar is messed up because if the guy leaves the stealth and instantly died the moment he left stealth it'd still take you about 14-15 seconds to cap that node (he'd wait until you're close to 7 seconds and then you need another 8 seconds to cap after the defender died instantly). In that time the respawn is almost certain to have arrived on time to prevent the cap. Nobody survives very long once they reveal themselves but because it takes 8 seconds to cap, they only have to stop you about once before the respawn would come out on time. Basically the only way you can deal with stealth defender is if you study where any particular defender likes to hide so you've a chance to catch him early, but there's generally far more places a defender can hide compare to what you can reasonably search.

You should have 2 people capping though against a stealth defender, because otherwise the stealth defender can force pull from 30m away to interrupt it which gives him way more spots to hide. With 2 people capping he has to use an AE to interrupt it which limits his range to 10m, making it more likely you'll be able to find him.

Edited by Astarica

You should have 2 people capping though against a stealth defender, because otherwise the stealth defender can force pull from 30m away to interrupt it which gives him way more spots to hide. With 2 people capping he has to use an AE to interrupt it which limits his range to 10m, making it more likely you'll be able to find him.

That seems to be the only solution. 2 people plant, the rest aoe the heck out of the surrounding area, with a couple waiting for cc at spawn.

Limit my range? I don't believe you understand. I'm out of combat in stealth & watching from afar (assuming we're not completely hammering your faces in) as the team dwindles from focus fire people begin to plant the bomb on the door, the 1-2 remaining members delay planting for their last few seconds as best they can. When they're all dead it's my turn, I move in with blackout avoiding the very obvious AoE locations and begin gorilla.

Alt+3, Alt+E, F,`, Alt+1, Alt+MB3, and for good measure, MB7.

Force Shroud. Force Speed. Discharge. Overlord. Adrenal. Deflection. Wither. You're not caping, and in no world are you killing me before my team is released from voidstar purgatory, because as long as it feels, it's only 20 seconds.

Edited by Blasphemerr

If he isn't bad, he will have already used his Force Shroud during the battle instead of saving it for his stealth out.

Perhaps you've played too many twinks and should have your shadow card revoked, because nearly every rated shadow/sin does this flawlessly.

Force Shroud is likely to be used in any fight very early but since we're talking about someone who starts the fight stealthed, he's probably not fighting anybody for a while to have the luxury of stealthing near a door so in this case he's likely to have Force Shroud up.

But again it doesn't even matter if the guy dies the moment he leaves the stealth because one good interrupt on cap is usually all the time you need for your team to get back in the game. If you can live longer that's all the more power to you but it's rarely needed.

Edited by Astarica

Perhaps you've played too many twinks and should have your shadow card revoked, because nearly every rated shadow/sin does this flawlessly.

It's not hard to do, but I'd much prefer to use my resilience to stay alive, to stay in the fight, to keep guarding, to keep taunting, and to be sure I can stop a cap instead of risking running somewhere else and getting awed or something as I try to get back in, finding myself too far away and not being able to stop it.

It's not hard to do, but I'd much prefer to use my resilience to stay alive, to stay in the fight, to keep guarding, to keep taunting, and to be sure I can stop a cap instead of risking running somewhere else and getting awed or something as I try to get back in, finding myself too far away and not being able to stop it.

Umm you know the guy stealthed will not be in combat at all except the few seconds to interrupt a plant?Why would you use taunts/guards(On who?) if your the only one alive..lol

He is likely to have all his defensive colldowns up everytime they try to plant..Have you even played a rated voidstar?Its so boring and predictable,unless said assassin messes up,which is unlikely,its a stalemate everygame as most team have atleast one tanksin/

I can honestly say I never lost the door I guarded in ratede warzones, why that map is still in the map pool for rwz, Is a puzzle. The map is trash for what little competive play there is left.

The only reason we cap doors are because ppl for some strange reason seem to not understand the very simple mechanic of prober guarding.

I can honestly say I never lost the door I guarded in ratede warzones, why that map is still in the map pool for rwz, Is a puzzle. The map is trash for what little competive play there is left.

The only reason we cap doors are because ppl for some strange reason seem to not understand the very simple mechanic of prober guarding.

Indeed, but it's not entirely the fault of assassins as most of the time the gorilla-stealth-strategy is not required as the standard turtle mode will do just fine. I don't believe the voidstar rule set will ever be fair/balanced enough for rated play, and I don't think there is anything that could be changed to fix that.

Edited by Blasphemerr

Umm you know the guy stealthed will not be in combat at all except the few seconds to interrupt a plant?Why would you use taunts/guards(On who?) if your the only one alive..lol

He is likely to have all his defensive colldowns up everytime they try to plant..Have you even played a rated voidstar?Its so boring and predictable,unless said assassin messes up,which is unlikely,its a stalemate everygame as most team have atleast one tanksin/

Because if you run far enough away to escape any stealth detectors, AoEs, whatever it is trying to catch you, a single Awe in the right place can mean you give up that door. For that reason, I'd rather use resilience to stay in the fight and try to keep those last few people alive.

Because if you run far enough away to escape any stealth detectors, AoEs, whatever it is trying to catch you, a single Awe in the right place can mean you give up that door. For that reason, I'd rather use resilience to stay in the fight and try to keep those last few people alive.

You're assuming people have the opportunity to actually look for stealth beyond a certain range; they do not. Your entire team is pewpewing and railshotting their faces off and should one person even consider looking for stealth ... Well, then I am pretty darn awesome because I just kited someone who cannot see me.

Edited by Blasphemerr

Yeah you clearly haven't played an organised rated VS.Every team has one tanksin sitting in stealth,you suggest 'Omdz half my team is dead,better leave stealth and guard them,keep them alive with my taunts!!!!"

You will get focused/cc'ed and they will plant when or before you die..

You're assuming people have the opportunity to actually look for stealth beyond a certain range; they do not. Your entire team is pewpewing and railshotting their faces off and should one person even consider looking for stealth ... Well, then I am pretty darn awesome because I just kited someone who cannot see me.

You can be awed ins tealth.