Question about rwz itemization

DNGDangerous

Posted from my iPhone...

Anyway, I'm currently power/surge stacked with crit coming from my war hero bracer I think, and the rest coming from my strength. I currently have strength augs as well. This means my crit is roughly around 20% buffed.

I'm using vindicator set bonus and I'm carnage spec for my rwz team.

I've been talking to my team, and they want me to get my crit to 30% buffed. Now I'm ok with doing this, but before I start ditching my force-master enhancements, what do you guys think about crit% for rwz.

If I was to do this, I think I drop down to around 520 or 530 bonus damage, and means I can't use rage as effectively if they ever want me respec to aoe team setup.

Their arguement (which I have no rebuttal to is) burst is the most important thing for rwz.

Some things I've been thinking about:

Mathmatically, does lowering my power enough to get enough crit might end up lowering my damage from my smaller attacks like off-hand swing, but definatelly increases my chances of crit ravages and massacre. It also lowers the damage of my force scream since they are basically 100% crit, which is our main source of burst.

Anyway- what do you guys think?

Posted from my iPhone...

Anyway, I'm currently power/surge stacked with crit coming from my war hero bracer I think, and the rest coming from my strength. I currently have strength augs as well. This means my crit is roughly around 20% buffed.

I've been talking to my team, and they want me to get my crit to 30% buffed. Now I'm ok with doing this, but before I start ditching my force-master enhancements, what do you guys think about crit% for rwz.

If I was to do this, I think I drop down to around 520 or 530 bonus damage, and means I can't use rage as effectively if they ever want me respec to aoe team setup.

Their arguement (which I have no rebuttal to is) burst is the most important thing for rwz.

Mathmatically, does lowering my power enough to get enough crit might end up lowering my damage from my smaller attacks like off-hand swing, but definatelly increases my chances of crit ravages and massacre. It also lowers the damage of my force scream since they are basically 100% crit, which is our main source of burst.

530 bonus damage seems really low if you're WH geared. I'm sitting at 29% crit and 622 bonus damage buffed.

530 bonus damage seems really low if you're WH geared. I'm sitting at 29% crit and 622 bonus damage buffed.

I must have been calculating wrong- 600 bonus damage is definatelly correct, sorry I was on my iPhone- so what are your thoughts on having 29% crit? Do you prefer it's over power stacked?

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/6b086a93-5283-4b8b-b6e7-1c9c1fed4ec9

This is my current gear set up you can see everything and mind you this is without stim.

Having more crits (specially when you have a talent that increases crit strike damage of most of your big damage attacks by 30%) is a great thing and it's the crits that will help you burst people down faster.

Posted from my iPhone...

I'm by no means a RWZ guru but burst damage is good in PvP. Have two or three people team up on one target and watch the targerts health just drop damn near instantly. Leaving the healer no time to save that person, one less person on the battlefield for a few seconds.

I must have been calculating wrong- 600 bonus damage is definatelly correct, sorry I was on my iPhone- so what are your thoughts on having 29% crit? Do you prefer it's over power stacked?

Yeah, I do. To an extent, every point of crit rating you put on in place of power reduces your overall dps. A guildie did several several training dummy parses comparing ~28% crit chance with ~32% (replacing crit with power in order to reduce crit chance), and he came out with around 100 more dps each time by reducing his crit. Keep in mind that his parse was as annihilation spec, not carnage.

While I agree burst is needed in pvp, there definitely needs to be a balance between between high dps and crit chance for burst.

Yeah, I do. To an extent, every point of crit rating you put on in place of power reduces your overall dps. A guildie did several several training dummy parses comparing ~28% crit chance with ~32% (replacing crit with power in order to reduce crit chance), and he came out with around 100 more dps each time by reducing his crit. Keep in mind that his parse was as annihilation spec, not carnage.

While I agree burst is needed in pvp, there definitely needs to be a balance between between high dps and crit chance for burst.

I personally feel like having around 30% crit with the 5% crit buff is fine, after that just stack power ( considering you should already have the surge you need ) this is what I did and i just did about 20k burst in 4~ seconds.

Force Charge (1000~ Damage) Gore (1100~ Damage) Ravage (4400 tick, 4700 tick) Force Scream (5100 Damage) Vicious Throw (4600 Damage) Given these ALL crit, and I had the 15% buff from bloodthirst as i just killed someone else. But yea rolling with 30% crit I see this burst rotation crit more so than not.

But you seem to forget that is sustained and not short windows of opportunity you're allowed to do damage in. There's a difference and you need to be able to do more damage faster and drop them and more damage in a smaller amount of time is better.

But you seem to forget that is sustained and not short windows of opportunity you're allowed to do damage in. There's a difference and you need to be able to do more damage faster and drop them and more damage in a smaller amount of time is better.

But you seem to forget that crit only provides a chance to get additional damage in that smaller window. Crit is important, but it's definitely possible to have too much crit if you're trading it for power. Realistically, that perfect balance between high dps and crit is pretty subjective.

But you seem to forget that crit only provides a chance to get additional damage in that smaller window. Crit is important, but it's definitely possible to have too much crit if you're trading it for power. Realistically, that perfect balance between high dps and crit is pretty subjective.

Carnage has auto crit force screams you see and it's much easier to put out damage in a short window withe the spec then it is with annihilation. Annihilation you can't Leap>ataru proc>gore>scream... oh there's 6k+ damage.