Legacy System

Canemuto

What is the point of the legacy system? When it was released in 1.2, I thought the purpose was to develop a character and share perks earned by that 1 character with all new characters you create after that.

The new character perks tree needs to be reworked (and in the spirit of the legacy system seems counter intuitive) . The legacy levels and cost in terms of credits is a ridiculous requirement for a perk that is only going to affect 1 character. Furthermore, the most expensive perks are only useful for limited amount of time (until you reach max level). If you are going to keep the ludicrous legacy level requirements then the credit cost should be reduced so that each individual character can VIABLY afford to purchase those perks with their own money as they level. An alternative is lowering the extremely high cost of new skills and abilities you learn when you level up.

The character perks, companion and convenience sub categories, should be moved to the "Other" section of Global perks (and the credits cost should be increased to 3 to 5 times what it is now because it will be affecting all of your characters). This is with the exception of the Field Respecialization. Field Respecialization should remain in the character perks section, BUT this needs a legacy level of 1. EVERY CHARACTER SHOULD HAVE ACCESS TO THIS!!!!

Speaking of companion perks... There should be a set of perks that add crit, and efficiency.

The way I see this working:

Once you reach legacy level 5 and level 400 in a given crew skill, you should be able to purchase a crit perk, and an efficiency perk for that crew skill.

There should be 3 levels of each type (crit and efficiency) for each of the crew skills.

Each level of the crit perk would give each of your companions +1 crit for that particular crew skill.

There would be a cap of +5 crit on all companions (this way companions who already have +5 crit do not advance)

Each level of the efficiency perk would give your companions +5 efficiency for that particular crew skill.

There would be a cap of +15 efficiency on all companions. (this way companions who already have +15 efficiency do not advance)

I think this would work best as a Character Perk but could also be listed under "Other" in the Global Perks.

The logic is that if you had a bunch of companions sitting around a ship together they are bound to pick up how each of them do things a certain way.

I always thought Legacy was meant to be a alternative to 1 character grinding. A way to encourage people to play multiple characters and not grind out one character. Far as I can see its failed. The family tree is a family line with a lot of people confused as all their characters are the same age, meet the same people and do the same things so how can you have father and son? The fact that there are no real benefits to having lots of characters and if I want to be top at PvP or PvE I still have to grind out the gear on all of them. I really dont see what they achieved with Legacy or why they thought it was such a major idea.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.