Need help with a few things!

Goldszilla

Right ive been reading allsorts on the forum and obviously the SWTOR site itself and i have a few questions any experienced player should hopefully be able to answer..

1. Dailys: What are they? am i right in thinking they are simply missions your aloud to do once per day? do you have to be a certain level or at a certain stroy point to do them?

2. HEROIC missions: Am i right in thinking these should always be done as part of a group?

3. What are flashpoint missions?

4. PVP: Whats the difference between PVP armour and normal armour? do you have to switch simply for PVP fights and then swicth back or something?

Sorry but i just need someone to kind of spell this stuff out for me once and for all lol..

Cheers

Edited by Goldszilla
Adding question

Right ive been reading allsorts on the forum and obviously the SWTOR site itself and i have a few questions any experienced player should hopefully be able to answer..

1. Dailys: What are they? am i right in thinking they are simply missions your aloud to do once per day? do you have to be a certain level or at a certain stroy point to do them?

2. HEROIC missions: Am i right in thinking these should always be done as part of a group?

4. PVP: Whats the difference between PVP armour and normal armour? do you have to switch simply for PVP fights and then swicth back or something?

Sorry but i just need someone to kind of spell this stuff out for me once and for all lol..

Cheers

1. Dailies are a set of missions on the planets Ilum, Belsavis, and Corellia (Black Hole). They are for level 50 characters and can be done once per day

2. Heroics normally must be done as part of a group (the number after the word heroic denotes the amount of people that should be in that group) however it is not neccessary to be in a group and some can be undertaken alone if you are particularly skilled or outlevel them

3. Flashpoints are in other MMO terms Dungeons, Large PVE areas where a group of people undertake a certain mission in accordance with the story of the area

4. The biggest difference it the Expertise stat which comes into play at level 50 PVP, if you undertake PVP without this stat you are more than likely to get roflstomped for the entire match. Under level 50 PVP (10-49) there is no proper PVP gear as all stats are bolstered to level 49 while in a warzone. The PVP gear that is sold at level 20/40 just looks good and is nice to have for a character at that level

Edited by irishtim

Cheers

1) Dailies are basically a nice source of income and xp. Pre-40s they're just limited to doing two Warzones a day and completing a Flashpoint a day. Once you get into the 40s, you do dailies that allow you to get commendation rewards to buy gear or modifications or other things.

2) Heroics don't ALWAYS have to be group missions, but it's significantly easier if you're grouped with the suggested group size, either 2+ or 4.

3) Flashpoints are basically a nice little story that take place in a location. They're mainly done for the loot you get, ESPECIALLY the hardmode ones.

4) PvP armour, the good stuff, usually has something called Expertise, which increases the damage/healing you do in PvP. PvE armour however doesn't usually have expertise.

Hope that helps :)

Thanks for the help mate :) So is it the PVP gear where the Juggernaut might have a cloak and some awesome face mask stuff going on? :p Just curious :D

I don't really know what the PVP gear for Juggs is like but if it's anything like the Marauders stuff it looks kind of spikey and kind on like Sauron from LOTR. Easiest way to check if it's PVP gear is if you look at the name and it's called either Recruit - Battlemaster - or Warhero

Things called Columi, Tionese, Rakata, Black Hole or Campaign gear are all PVE

Some people take the mods out of the gears and put them into orange 'moddable' gear so you can technically make anything PVE or PVP endgame gear

Some people take the mods out of the gears and put them into orange 'moddable' gear so you can technically make anything PVE or PVP endgame gear

One thing about that, there are set bonuses for certain high level gear so you have to know what you are doing before you rip out the mods.