The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Relics Question

StrykeHard

Hi,

just wondering if anybody has tried using two of the relics that give +30% chance to do 184 internal damage/

can only proc once every 4.5 secs.

using two of them means that with every attack, you "roll" two times - each having a 30% chance to hit.

seems like this would be "procc'ing" off an awful lot. and internal damage is not resisted, correct?

currently, I'm a full tank spec using tank relics but I was just curious if anyone has tried this out.

always looking to try something fresh.

?

yes, it does share a cooldown (with similar effects).

but having two would greatly increase the odds of it "procc'ing".

instead of one roll with 30% chance to hit, you would have two rolls of 30% chance to hit..

so two rolls for every attack... and hammer shot for example, each bullet is a separate attack offering you many roll chances to proc.

yes, there is a maximum of once every 4.5 secs to proc, but seems like it would be a steady stream of procc'ing every few seconds. no?

and being internal damage.. even better?

anyways... just wondering if someone has already tried this... i know there are people that try everything.

Log some combat against a dummy; I think you'll find that between Hammer Shot and DOTs, a single proc relic will be firing pretty close to every 4.5s. If that's the case, a second proc relic will provide almost zero offensive output. You'd be better off with almost any other kind of relic.

edit: Didn't notice that you're full tank spec. If you're full tank spec and just looking to add some damage in the relic slot without switching to an actual DPS build, I think you'd do better with a Crit+Surge relic than a proc relic.

Edited by CitizenFry

I'm not a big fan of them myself. I rolled with one and the other a /use power one before they nerfed relics and adrenals and it was nice suplemental dps that way but most parsers I'd run during pve raids it'd come out to around 3% of my total damage. Which at the time I kept but once they nerfed /use relics in my opinion it is much more useful just to get two of the relics with 100+ power on each of them. That'll give you a lot more dps then a random proc relic in my opinion.

And what was said is true... only one can go off at a time so if you decide you still want one I'd only worry about getting one.

I recently hit item level 140 in every slot (Rakata) and have found tanking hard modes difficult on ammo since I dodge so many attacks now. Because of this I've actually tried what you thought of, and it is not worth it. I proc the relic almost every time it's on cd with just 1. 2 would be wasted.

Honestly if you're in the same position is suggest trying what I do now:

I'm a biochem so I run with the endurance stim and armor adrenal normally. If you don't use these just drop the * portion from my list.

Columi Dps MH

Champion dps relic

Proc dps relic (I have the internal one, so that's what I use)

***Aim stim

***Crit adrenal

This lets me hover around the same stats a full columi tank will have yet I do a lot more dps. When I do the daily regular mode (I like my easy daily coms!) I drop even more gear for columi / Rakata level dps gear. Tionese gear is a bit too much of an endurance drop for me.

Hey, thanks for the feedback guys.

What I'm hearing is: one proc relic goes off near constantly, so having the second adds almost no benefit.

Good to know.

I'm full on, all the way, War Hero Supercommando Tank.. my augments are mostly +shield rating and +absorb but I like to understand what other options are out there.

Off Topic: since you mentioned Stims and Adrenals: I'm thinking of dropping Cybertech and taking up Biochem.

I mostly PvP but I do like PvE too (just have gotten to the high level stuff yet.).

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Off Topic: since you mentioned Stims and Adrenals: I'm thinking of dropping Cybertech and taking up Biochem. I mostly PvP but I do like PvE too (just have gotten to the high level stuff yet.).

It's a tossup.

PVP: Reusable adrenals vs reusable grenades for CC.

PVE: Reusable stims, adrenals and medpacs vs crafting armoring/mod 26s.

Edited by CitizenFry

I chose biochem because the stims / adrenals are better. Even once BW nerfs the future ones I will still be able to make them instead of buying them (as it stands right now I have a constant +1k health and extra defense rating 24/7 thanks to my stim, I won't be losing that any time soon).

Level an alt with cybertech - the tanks benefit a lot from biochem IMO. Adrenals are insanely potent and I pop mine often, I mean 2k armor isn't a joke. I think it pushes me from 52%-63% reduction (this probably isn't accurate).

Edited by Vaizrin