Companions need a stay button

DonnieT

This would really make life so much easier managing these companions in pve. The fact that we have had months and months of beta testing and still don't have the basic option is frightening.

You can place them as "Passive". They will still follow you, but not engage in command unless you initiate or you get attacked.

You can place them as "Passive". They will still follow you, but not engage in command unless you initiate or you get attacked.

that's not a stay button. If that was good enough for me I wouldn't be making this post.

Edited by DonnieT

They can't aggro anything so whats wrong with a passive command.

Earlier today I ran up to an elevator shaft. The elevator was all the way at the bottom, so I stopped right at the edge to wait for it.

My companion, however, did not stop. He went right over the edge and plummeted to his death. Of course it didn't really matter. It only took me a couple seconds to bring him back, but it served as a good reminder. The AI is really really dumb.

This ^. You can also just dismiss them.

Dismiss my companion.....no, that's not a good idea when I am fighting something. The reason you need stay is because companion(pet) wrangling is some of highest skilled stuff you can do in this game. With all the aoe you will encounter out there and as long as passive makes the companion walk right next to you and as long as attack means the companion is getting immediate aggro when I want to get aggro myself, I will need a stay command. This is pretty basic pet 101 stuff people.

Edited by DonnieT