Advice on Re-Rolling

Infernonyc

Coming from an ex-hardcore WoW player that only leveled a rogue to max level I decided to roll a Sith Assassin. Now to be more clear, I love melee dps. It's where I live and I just don't have fun playing another form of class (Tank, Healer, Ranged DPS). With that being said, I'm very unsatisfied with my Assassin, it is not what I expected and far from the DPS dominance I experienced with my Rogue. Would a Marauder be a better fit?

Any advice/help is greatly appreciated.

unless stealth isn't such an issue and more of a dps issue then yeah mara's are great pvp and pve. operative is ok dps wise but no where near a marauder. try both to high lvl 30's and see how you like it. mara's dont take off till 30ish. then its balls to the wall!

I too was in a similar situation. I came from a WoW Rogue and was contemplating all three possibilities(Assassin, Operative, and Marauder) and after playing with all of them I think the Marauder fits me the best, I'll explain.

I think the thing I liked most about my Rogue in WoW was that he was pretty fast paced with a good number of abilities. The Marauder to me definitely feels the fastest of the 3. My WoW Rogue was also pretty strong, when played well I could always have higher DPS which of the 3 the Marauder has. Finally I liked that the Rogue in WoW had a way to jump around in PvP(Shadowstep) which the Marauder kinda has in Force Charge.

To me the Operative "feels" the most Rogue-like, but his DPS is very low and unfortunately I've been asked to heal much more often than to do melee DPS. I like having a knife and sneaking around stabbing people but the damage is just too low for me.

The Assassin is pretty similar, only I think he does abit more damage than the Operative AND he has more survivability, but he probably feels the least Rogue-like. Other than having Stealth I don't see the Assassin as very much like the Rogue

So for me it comes down to the Operative who feels very much like a Sub Rogue or the Marauder who feels very much like a Combat Rogue. I decided to focus on the Marauder because he will be my only straight DPS toon without healing or tanking trees and I don't want to be pigeonholed into healing all the time. Yes I do miss stealth, but not as much as I thought I would.

Actually, if you liked combat rogue playstyle, the non stealthy rogue, i guess they would be somewhat similar. But for etcckatabbing etc go concealment op

One does not simply compare a rogue to a concealment. If you want disappointment go concealment.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.