Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Bounty Hunter Work

Ad-Astra

Hi,

To expand on the Bounty Hunter character, I would very much like to see the use of the bounty board on fleet, why it's there is a mystery at the moment, I keep getting a message " Your not able to access this conversation " or words to that effect, I take it this is used by another class! if so WHY? if not then is this something for the future?

I would very much like to go there and find a list of bounty contracts, with a name of the NPC, rough idea of location, i.e. planet, area, rough map coordinates, this be attached to a randomly generated NPC of about my level or slightly higher, i.e. boss level etc for the challenge, this will then have a random loot drop possiblility, something nice to keep the masses engaged and looking, also a decent credit return, 6 figures above 10k preferably, or dependant upon the challenge the harder the NPC the higher the Credit drop and possible decent loot drop.

Repeating FP's, OP's ect daily can get a little tiresome, so a distraction from this would be very enjoyable, SWG did something like this and I enjoyed it as I didn't know where I was going or what I would be up against, expect the unexpected kind a thing, plus, the NPC target (Mark!) could have generated in an area that was potentially dangerous, so wildlife and other NPC's came into effect and attacked if you were close enough, more challenge.

Let me know what you think fellow BH's, if you would like to see this kind of thing, put a positive reponse and I'll also post on dev's idea page, thanks for reading.

Ad'astra

Hi,

To expand on the Bounty Hunter character, I would very much like to see the use of the bounty board on fleet, why it's there is a mystery at the moment, I keep getting a message " Your not able to access this conversation " or words to that effect, I take it this is used by another class! if so WHY? if not then is this something for the future?

I would very much like to go there and find a list of bounty contracts, with a name of the NPC, rough idea of location, i.e. planet, area, rough map coordinates, this be attached to a randomly generated NPC of about my level or slightly higher, i.e. boss level etc for the challenge, this will then have a random loot drop possiblility, something nice to keep the masses engaged and looking, also a decent credit return, 6 figures above 10k preferably, or dependant upon the challenge the harder the NPC the higher the Credit drop and possible decent loot drop.

Repeating FP's, OP's ect daily can get a little tiresome, so a distraction from this would be very enjoyable, SWG did something like this and I enjoyed it as I didn't know where I was going or what I would be up against, expect the unexpected kind a thing, plus, the NPC target (Mark!) could have generated in an area that was potentially dangerous, so wildlife and other NPC's came into effect and attacked if you were close enough, more challenge.

Let me know what you think fellow BH's, if you would like to see this kind of thing, put a positive reponse and I'll also post on dev's idea page, thanks for reading.

Ad'astra

THis might get moved to the suggestions forum...But I 100% agree with you a Bounty system would be amazing.

Want to keep this thread going and c if it will be moved to the suggestions box, please let me know your thoughts, as a bounty hunter what else would you like to see developed for this class.

NPC Marks are surely the way to go, come on Bionware, what do you think?

cheers

Ad'Astra

• 7 months later...

Not sure how many of you were around during the glory days of SWG but man, bounties were a reason to live. So much fun and no game has ever been able to recreate the bounty hunter mission process.

I know that many would object to player bounties, but would be nice if people could list themselves as a mark and then if the bh fails they get the pay.

Looking forward to the possibility of once again commanding seeker and probe droids to find my marks!

Not sure how many of you were around during the glory days of SWG but man, bounties were a reason to live. So much fun and no game has ever been able to recreate the bounty hunter mission process.

I know that many would object to player bounties, but would be nice if people could list themselves as a mark and then if the bh fails they get the pay.

Looking forward to the possibility of once again commanding seeker and probe droids to find my marks!

Great post, one of the reasons why I started the thread, would love to see other profs and classes get in on it, if this was your class, what would you want, from my perspective being a BH is exactly that hunting, but what about smuggling, for smugglers, infiltration/ assassination for agents, political unrest and diseption for Sith Inquisitors, base attacks for troopers, peace missions for Jedi consular, apprentice training and republic destruction for Sith warriors , the alternative for Jedi warriors.

Is this something you'd like to see introduced as alternative to dailies, weekly's that are not class/prof specific?

^^ This.

I spent HOURS hunting marks on SWg..and loved it...one of the best things ever implemented into a game, stalking 1 mark for hours, following him from planet to planet and then pouncing when he least expects it.

Great memories. I miss Galaxies.

If they do this for BHers they have to then immediately find a similar mission set for troopers.

Then if they allow Smugglers, smuggling missions, they have to create something for Agents.

Then the Knight/Warriors feel left out so they have to have something, followed by the Inquisitors and Consulars.

See where this is going?

^^ This.

I spent HOURS hunting marks on SWg..and loved it...one of the best things ever implemented into a game, stalking 1 mark for hours, following him from planet to planet and then pouncing when he least expects it.

Great memories. I miss Galaxies.

You and me both;)

Never did look forward to the light-side jedis though.

I really would like to see something like this added - Player bounty system would be awesome

If they do this for BHers they have to then immediately find a similar mission set for troopers.

Then if they allow Smugglers, smuggling missions, they have to create something for Agents.

Then the Knight/Warriors feel left out so they have to have something, followed by the Inquisitors and Consulars.

See where this is going?

I agree, which is why I posted some mission alternatives for other profs and classes, class/prof based daily missions provided at random from a job terminal, would be awesome, I.e planet, job description, award for completion, chance of decent loot drop, comm's etc, to mind there is nothing worse than just doing the same things everyday, need a break from the norm.. Why do so many level 50's just stand around on fleet? Are they waiting in queue, or are they bored and don't know what to do, at least this would give folk an alternative to the daily grind of repeating fp's and op's don't you think?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.