The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Shield Tech BiS PvE

Wonkadude

So I have a full Columi Shield tech PT and have run all HM FP's except LI and BfI. Also I have done KP and EV story. all as MT and PUGS. I made this build as what I assume is 1.3 shield tech BiS http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/e5631f43-6723-4e82-a7c3-30f1e54b2964 Can someone link the real BiS or tell me what I need?

I have

Health 24710.7

Armor Rating 8812.9

Damage Reduction 53.93%

Defense Chance 16.03%

Shield Chance 54.11%

Shield Absorption 54.21%

and 1768.1 aim.

(this is from what I assume 1.3BiS is, not what I have)

BIS is off by quite a bit, and the link you provided doesn't seem to show any gear in those slots. You can look up Genshen on their armory for an idea, but I haven't updated mine recently.

There is debate about best augs right now due to the prediction of nightmare. One side believes endurance is the way to go for extra buffer once you reach your soft caps, and the other side is max shield/absorb into the steep DR curve. This is what I am shooting for right now. I am recording logs and posting them, and will do the same with the endurance augs to really see how much dmg is being avoided/mitigated in the end between the two. I am working on a 4 week sample for each.

So I have a full Columi Shield tech PT and have run all HM FP's except LI and BfI. Also I have done KP and EV story. all as MT and PUGS. I made this build as what I assume is 1.3 shield tech BiS http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/e5631f43-6723-4e82-a7c3-30f1e54b2964 Can someone link the real BiS or tell me what I need?

You have some items on that wish list that don't exist in-game yet; highest item level currently available is 61. Matrix Cube is a poor choice for a tanking relic, you might want to get a War Hero relic with a flat defensive boost, or one of the Campaign relics with a click boost instead.

IMO, you have too much Defense Rating; I'd shovel ~100 points of that over towards Shield Rating and Absorb Rating. Ideal ratio for Defense/Shield/Absorb ratings is roughly 20%/40%/40%.

yeah drop all the Defense augments for some more endurance(personally i went with Reflex on all gear) im at 16 defense 52 shield 54 absorb and have 26999 HP.. only thing im missing atm is the boots which will push me to roughly 27.4k hp and the same DSA stats which in turn HM denova = farm mode..... from what ive notice on my parsers is that once u get over 50% shield(had it as high as 55 shield and 54 absorb at one point) you really dont shield that many more attacks... maybe 5-10 more in a boss fight... on the Zorn and Toth fight a few weeks back iwas checking this out and w/ the rating i am at now i dodged/shield more attacks than Toth hit me with i believe it was 89 dodge/shield parry and he hit me full force like 73 times....... imo once you at 50/50 shield/absorb its upto you from there you shouldnt have any issue clearing any content