The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Tactics pvp in Iron cell

Hawksworth

Hi guys

Just been playing around with builds and wondered what people thought about going tactics minus Cell Generator and Battlefield Training, this way you do not miss out by using Iron Cell for extra survivability. This is primarily pre 50 I'm talking about here.

Viable or is the passive ammo regen too much to live without?

Regards

To above post, that may be true but ion cell is extremely useful, both under 10/31/0 and 18/23/0 which is more efficient, you can set this up to use the points in high energy cell so you can deal out damage pretty well or be defensive, on demand. I like 0/31/10 so that my offensive cell is plasma, it's great. Use ion all the time as well. The general priority doesn't change since you aren't playing with the high energy regen in the first place

I'd say, unless you are going to equip a sheild, the 5% dmg reduction is not worth the increased dmg output if you are speced into tactics tree. Even with the sheild, there is a conflict of intrest as far as what the cell provides and what the player is trying to gain.

If you want more survive-ability and mediocre dmg id say go sheild spec and use dps gear.

IF your going to do a Ion Cell / Tactis hybrid, here is what I would recommend:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/skills/vanguard#c66ek2k-63c80e9e-0

Reasons why:

-Gut + Ion Cell = 2 pretty decent DOTS. Ion Cell is also talented to apply itself to 4 other enemies via High Impact Bolt and has an increased 8% dmg.

-Shielding attacks have a 50% to finish the CD on Stockstrike.

-Stockstrike + Gut have 25% chance to make High Impact Bolt a 100% crit

-Ion Pulse has 30% chance to make next Stockstrike a free hit.

-HIB has a total of 6% dmg increase and 30% armor penetration.

-Stockstrike 16% crit chance + 15% from set bonus = 31% crit + whatever your base crit chance is.

-Ion Pulse = 12% dmg + 6% crit increase (elemental & IP talents)

&you will always have ammo since Ion Pulse triggers free SS's and you get 1 free ammo every 6seconds.

with all of that said, in terms of a lot of other useful talents, a sweet rotation would be

(Gut > Stockstrike > Ion Pulse > Ion Pulse > High Impact Bolt > *Stockstrike)

*anticipates that you have shielded an attack and SS has finished it's CD

Edited by CivicTiger