Level 50 Shadow DPS Gear

harleyandsmokey

I was wondering what gear I should get for my DPS Shadow when I get to level 50?

P.S. I am doing PVE and PVP

I would suggest you go for the crafted force master set from the GTN or craft it yourself if your a synthweaver...

You can get this as a prototype (Blue) Overkill or artifact (Purple) Endowment (preferably) sets...

http://db.darthhater.com/items/11063/force_master_vestments/

The purple (superior) set is 124 rated and will see you all set for HM FP's and SM EV...

If your clever you'll have your warzone commendations saved up to 2000 so once you hit 50 you can get your battlemaster double bladed saber which will give you a good start.

Check the markets - you can pretty much buy a really good start up @ 50 set which you'll swiftly build on if you do HM FP's - wouldn't spend too much time apart from buying this gear though as you'll acquire either gear directly or through daily commendations etc quite fast - but the Force Master is a good set to start with for a Shadow...

EDIT - Or just go and buy the recruit stalker PVP set - not great for PVE but if your in a guild they might be happy to pull you through until your geared...

Edited by TERRAFIRMA

Rip the mods out and put it into an orange light armor shell of your choosing.

Also, you get a free set of Recruit PvP gear at 50. While not the greatest for either PvP or PvE, the set will help you get gear at the next level (BM & Columi).

Since both PvP & PvE gear take time to max out the most basic set, you'll eventually have to choose what you want to spend most of your time on. IMO, BM gear is decent enough to get you through the lower end of HM flashpoints and SM EV (maybe KP depending on the gear of the rest of the group), it also has the added ability of allowing you to PvP. If you decide to take the PvE route, realize that until you hit Rakata+, your effectiveness in PvP will be minimal due to your non-existent Expertise.

Sorry, I assumed you knew what the acronyms meant.

Orange Armor -> An empty (usually) shell that has 3 slots: Armoring, Mod, and Enhancement. Each of these slots can be filled with their corresponding gear modification. Orange armor is usually used because it allows players to customize the look of their character.

PvP -> Player vs Player

PvE -> Player vs Environment (basically any mobs you fight in the game)

BM -> Battlemaster Gear. The 2nd highest PvP gear set, just under War Hero

Columi -> 2nd tier of PvE gear. Better than Tionese, worse than Rakata.

SM -> Story Mode. The easiest difficulty setting for PvE Flashpoints and Operations

HM -> Hard Mode. The hardest (for flashpoints) difficulty setting. In Operations, it goes SM->HM->Nightmare

EV -> Eternity Vault. An end-game operation. Usually the first operation lvl 50s run due to it being the easiest.

KP -> Karagga's Palace. Another end-game operation that is slightly more difficult than EV.

Expertise -> A stat that boosts damage and healing done to other players, while reducing damage you take from other players. It is really only useful in warzones or open-world PvP

Get the 4 peice pve force mystic bonus from tionese/columi/rakata shells.

Head

Battlemaster Armoring (head)

War Hero Aptitude Mod 26

War Hero Initiative Enhancement 26

Chest

Battlemaster Armoring (chest)

War Hero Aptitude Mod 26

Legs

Battlemaster Armoring (legs)

War Hero Aptitude Mod 26

Boots

Battlemaster Armoring (feet)

War Hero Aptitude Mod 26

War Hero Adept Enhancement 26

Gloves

Battlemaster Armoring (hand)

War Hero Aptitude Mod 26

War Hero Adept Enhancement 26

Belt (modifiable)

Advanced Resolve Armoring 26

War Hero Mettle Mod 26

Wrist (modifiable)

Advanced Resolve Armoring 26

War Hero Mettle Mod 26

Mainhand

(any double bladed lightsaber shell)

Force mystic lightsaber guts

Replace mod with War Hero Aptitude Mod 26

Replace expertise crystal with any +41 critical crystal.

Offhand

Black Hole Striker's MK-1 Generator (purchased for 50 Black Hole Commendations)

Ear

War Hero Force-healer's MK-1 Relay

Implants

War Hero Striker's MK-1 Motivator

War Hero Striker's MK-1 Motivator

Relics

War Hero Relic of Boundless Ages

War Hero Relic of Boundless Ages

Things to know about this gear setup

You'll be pulling mods from war hero boots & gloves primarily. These are the pieces you pull components from.

War Hero Aptitude Mod 26 (x5) = War Hero Force Master Boots

War Hero Mettle Mod 26 (x2) = War Hero Stalker Boots

War Hero Initiative Enhancement 26 (x3) = War Hero Stalker Gloves

War Hero Adept Enhancement 26 (x2) = War Hero Force Mystic Gloves

The War Hero main armor pieces you will buy will be the 5th set bonus peice that isn't used for the set bonus (I did helmet). For this peice, the only difference from the setup above is you don't replace the war hero armoring for the 5th piece. The 4 PvE shells must have battlemaster armorings so the +50 force set effect isn't overriden by the war hero armorings which contain set effects.

You also buy a War Hero Force Mystic Lightsaber. Any other War Hero main armor pieces are not necessary as you will just be replacing the mod/enhancement. War Hero Focus will be replaced later on, so learn to live with your BM focus until you can get the Black Hole Focus.

Advanced Resolve Armoring 26 is obtained from HM Kephiss and very rare to get, you may choose to get wh belt / bracers until you can afford/find 2 of these. They can run up to 3.5m each depending on your server. If you do get WH belt / bracers, get stalker belt, force master wrists.

Augment all pieces with willpower (advanced resolve augment 22)

This will result in

19294 HP

1015 Power

98.36% Melee Accuracy

108.36% Force Accuracy

27.10% Melee Critical Chance

26.01% Force Critical Chance

74.28% Critical Multiplier

1098 Expertise

150 Force from set effect.

Edited by Order-Sixty-Six