Heat and outleveling stuff?

CecilPaladin

I'm still sorta new to the whole BH thing. Came back from a long break from SWtoR and rolled a BH Merc. Took me about 2-3 weeks to get to level 36 atm, and I skipped most of the 4 man runs on the way here. I figured I'd run Hammer Station, Athiss, and Mando raiders again for the fun of it.

It took me a while to kill the bosses. Now they barely did any damage to me, but I would actually sit there and overheat from spamming abilities that them. Am I missing something? On my sorc or jugg other toons I never run out of resoures. My sorc can spam force lightning all day and every day. My Jugg doesn't ever run out of focus/rage and only gains more as the fight goes on.

Even with the vent heat CD used, I had to resort to spamming my auto fire for some of the bosses, even though I outleveld them. That fight in Mando raiders with 4 bosses at once took forever! I'm arsenal spec also, but kept running into heat issues.

Are BH Mercs still plagued by heat issues when you clearly outlevel the instance? Why don't I feel like a wrecking machine running through these again?

Absolutely have Terminal Velocity. I guess it's part of the rotation then.

On my sorc, once I got the ability to spam Force Lightning I never bothered with the basic attacks anymore. And on my Jugg I have so much rage generally I don't need to spam the main rage generating one.

Yeah it's part of the class to manage heat and until you get the 4 piece bonus of the pve set (easy to get after 50). It's a little tricky to manage heat. Sorcs are much easier to play resource wise. I almost never run out of force on my sorc.

You aren't alone, OP. We all need to take a little down time from our heat-generating abilities or we'll overheat.

Sometimes I throw in a Rapid Shots, but that feels like more time than I usually need. More often, I'll just break up my TMs and instant abilities (Rail Shot and Heatseeker) with tiny delays (~0.3-0.5s). It's easier on my fingers and my keyboard, but I haven't done any testing to see if one of the other delivers significantly more damage over time.