Sarting on a Sentinel - Specs, companions and stuff

RevanFTFW

So when I've reached the peak with my Sith Juggernaut I'm going to to turn my eyes on a jedi knight, and I have already chosen to be sentinel advanced class ( hence the forum section right? :p ). So could you expertts provide tips on builds and best companions to use, of course updated to 1.3 :) I will take all opinions into account and consideration and use the info to see what might suit my playing style the most.

Thanks a lot for the help in advance :)

So when I've reached the peak with my Sith Juggernaut I'm going to to turn my eyes on a jedi knight, and I have already chosen to be sentinel advanced class ( hence the forum section right? :p ). So could you expertts provide tips on builds and best companions to use, of course updated to 1.3 :) I will take all opinions into account and consideration and use the info to see what might suit my playing style the most.

Thanks a lot for the help in advance :)

Any of the companions are good, you'll start with T7 (ranged tank), he can keep the heat off you while you destroy. But you'll get Kira soon after (meele DPS) and you'll kill pretty quickly. You really don't need your heal companion for most of the content, which is good because you don't get him until the early-mid 30s

There is plenty of good info already in this section so i'll just sum it up

Watchman: DoTs a bit of self healing, sustained DPS

Combat: Mobility spec, great for kiters, burst DPS

Focus: Same as rage, burst AoE DPS

No matter what you choose, you may want to get the AoE damage reduction (defensive roll) from the combat tree, if you plan on doing PvP early.

Edited by Belly

I would recommend you to go for Focus until L35 or so, and then specc to Watchman. Focus tree main skill (Force Sweep with full Singularity) is currently bugged so you can't really rely on Focus being good in PvP. Watchman is far superior in PvP if played right (meaning you really, really need to focus), where you run around dotting everyone.