Project

DarthEccen

The Consular's Project ability. I was just playing with a friend the other day. It was really awesome. I was a Jedi Sentinel, and he was a Sage. He used the Project ability and I Force Leaped toward the guy. I basically ended up racing the projectile toward the enemy. It was epic.

And then Bioware changed the animation for Project, where it comes up next to the enemy now. Why does this happen? I assume the change in animation has something to do with the actual effectiveness of the attack (damage is dealt faster, because the projectile comes up next to the enemy instead of next to the user), but please Bioware. Can we please go back to having the cooler animation? It was so much more awesome when you could watch the projectile shoot towards the enemy from 15 or so feet away. Please change it back.

No thanks. Project never made any sense for a Light side Jedi, since pretty much every force user we see throwing stuff in the movies is dark side.

It also made no sense to pull lumps of rock out of a starship deck, or droid chassis out of the mud in a wilderness.

Project needs a better animation, but in making it match the equivalent Empire ability, BW took the quick option of stripping the start of the animation. Functionally, it does the job. Aesthetically and from a Lore perspective... not so much.

The Consular's Project ability. I was just playing with a friend the other day. It was really awesome. I was a Jedi Sentinel, and he was a Sage. He used the Project ability and I Force Leaped toward the guy. I basically ended up racing the projectile toward the enemy. It was epic.

And then Bioware changed the animation for Project, where it comes up next to the enemy now. Why does this happen? I assume the change in animation has something to do with the actual effectiveness of the attack (damage is dealt faster, because the projectile comes up next to the enemy instead of next to the user), but please Bioware. Can we please go back to having the cooler animation? It was so much more awesome when you could watch the projectile shoot towards the enemy from 15 or so feet away. Please change it back.

I completely agree with the original poster about the coolness of the original way the Project animation looked. I posted something similar on the Sage forum. I don't think there is much impact from a Shadow's perspective, but it does change the pleasure of the skill animation from a Sage's perspective. If the goal is to speed up the skill activation then there must be another way to do it, such as assigning the damage at the beginning of the skill activation, or something like that. BW is creative, they can figure out how to make that work alternatively. BW please give us back the original Project animation. It is my favorite skill in the game :)

Also regarding it's lore parallel, there are many other things in this game that are not exactly like the movies, but BW has taken artistic license. That is Ok to do. Luke levitated an X-Wing, C3PO in a chair and rocks on Dagoba - close enough for me :)

Also regarding it's lore parallel, there are many other things in this game that are not exactly like the movies, but BW has taken artistic license. That is Ok to do. Luke levitated an X-Wing, C3PO in a chair and rocks on Dagoba - close enough for me :)

True about that, but some people thing that because you don't see it in the movies they can`t use it.

That would be like telling force choke can only be sith use when you see Luke us it in RotJ.

Anyway, for me it seem that if we don't see them do it doesn't mean they can't.

Edited by Coldjaguar