Extra Life 2012

ToxicityGarden

Saturday, October 20th at 8am, Extra Life is challenging players to play for 24 hours straight. It's for Children's Miracle Network hospitals, so it's for a good cause.

Link is here: http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm? (No, I am not a part of their team)

I did this last year playing RIFT and the community was actually really close nit, since we all rolled a new character on a predetermined server of the devs choice. The developers even played with us and we all had a (very sleep deprived) blast doing it. They handed out titles and some cool extra rewards to players who had played the full 24 hours in a set period of time.

Now, it would be pretty foolish to expect the devs to do something similar, but I figure why not ask the community? Is this something you would like to do? If there are enough people willing to get on board maybe we can plan some community events while in our state of delirium.

What does everyone think? Would this be something that the community (or maybe even the mods / devs [sorry! had to!] ) could get into? (It's for kids!)

Subscribed to this thread & will be coming back. I'm busier than a butterfly in a windstorm, but what a great idea! If it's a go and I'm available - count me in. Might be able to get some of our guild to participate as well.

Oh ... be sure and rate this thread with 5 stars when you reply!

Hmm, I wonder how many people will end up in the hospital. Seriously, playing for 24 hrs straight doesn't sound healthy.

Abso-mother-freaking-lootly! Its a noble cause and it sounds like a lot of fun but please talk to your doctor before you do this. Find out what symptoms to look for and warning signs that you should stop playing. Do not hurt yourself doing this.