Hoods on Charachters

Igniteeee

Am I the only one that thinks hoods not counting in "Hide head slot"(Are unremovable) is kinda dumb?

I am a firm believer that if I customize a charachter's features, that I should be able to see them, all the time.

Tl;dr: Hoods should be removable.

I dont know if they could make it so when you have a clock where there is a hood on that you can say i want it up or down.. They have meny chest armors that look alike so cant they make a bottum like the hids head one whit hood up or down.

Really? What is your source? I haven't heard a thing. Not accusing you of lying, just wondering where you heard it.

Here is the the post:

http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-feb-17th-2012

And here is what it says...

NiklasWB: When will you make it possible for Force-using characters to pull up/down their hoods on their robes?

Damion Schubert: This is in the works now. It won't be in Game Update 1.2, but should get done in the next major update after that. And yes, we will extend this functionality to your Force-slinging companions as well.

Although it has yet to be implemented in game, it did come from an official source.

And

/thread

Edited by Tomb-Stone

Ok, well from what I can see how they have done it is quite simple...

The hood is merely a head piece... herp derp. All they need to do is a few simple things:

1. When the hood is present (up) nothing really changes.

2. When the hood is selected as down or w/e, then the hood model changes to a folded behind the head look.

So in other words they need 1 more model for the hood, which they can take off npc models & just add that as a headslot with some contact points & smart coding so it moves in the right places. In other words make it look normal & not like someone expended an entire can of starch on it. :D

Honestly that would take an experienced coder 10 minutes to knock up. They said the next major update after 1.2. I believe that means 1.3... I'd be asking where it is then? Like I said just up there ^ it's very, very simple to do.

Edited by Aedey

Here is the the post:

http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-feb-17th-2012

And here is what it says...

NiklasWB: When will you make it possible for Force-using characters to pull up/down their hoods on their robes?

Damion Schubert: This is in the works now. It won't be in Game Update 1.2, but should get done in the next major update after that. And yes, we will extend this functionality to your Force-slinging companions as well.

Although it has yet to be implemented in game, it did come from an official source.

And

/thread

Since 1.3 seems not to be that "next major update" and they already mentioned they will add match-to-chest options to companions (which they said would come with the hide head slot option to companions), I am going to use my limited deduction skills and assume that the hood toggle will come with these companion abilities so they can implement it all at the same time.

Since 1.3 seems not to be that "next major update" and they already mentioned they will add match-to-chest options to companions (which they said would come with the hide head slot option to companions), I am going to use my limited deduction skills and assume that the hood toggle will come with these companion abilities so they can implement it all at the same time.

I think it just came down to prioritizing their resources for the greater good and the server transfers/group finder etc. took up more resources than they had planned for. You are probably right about when the hood toggle feature will implemented.