question about wh/legacy items

Gumpen

Offhand I don't know the stats of the WH belt/bracers, but in PVE at least if you can get hold of Rakata or Campaign unslotted armorings (the 25 armorings drop of HM/NMM Karagga and SM Kephess and I think HM/NMM Soa as well, Campaign just drops off of HM Kephess as far as I know) and then put in BH level mods (from any BH piece) you can get much better overall gear than using BH or Campaign belt/bracers.

Now as far as I know you can't get an unslotted war hero armoring, and I'm not sure yet at what point it's better to build stats other than expertise into your PVP build, but assuming such a point exists then the same method could presumably apply to PVP.

Indeed given that PVP mods and enhancements seem to have the same stats as their PVE counterparts with the exception of having some expertise (it's the armorings and barrels that suffer an Aim/End penalty in exchange for expertise) if you CAN give up the expertise loss by using a PVE armoring you could slot in a WH mod and then use the belt and bracers for PVP as well as PVE.