Voidstar Winner Logic?

Lord_Masty

I thought that it was confirmed that in the case of a tie the winner is chosen randomly.

However I just played in a game that went like this:

Round 1, we got past the first set of doors, extended the bridge, and failed to get past the 2nd set of doors before time ran out.

Round 2, they got past the first set of doors, and with about a minute left they extended the bridge at which point the game insta-ended with them being declared the victors.

The only way I can think of that this would be fair is if the game keeps track of how long it takes you to capture each objective and picks the winner based on who captured the fastest in the case of a tie. So in the game I played since they (presumably) extended the bridge faster than we did, the game instantly declared them the winners because there was no way for them to lose after that.

I'm confused though because I thought that if both teams made the same progress it would be a tie and a random winner would be picked.

I thought that it was confirmed that in the case of a tie the winner is chosen randomly.

However I just played in a game that went like this:

Round 1, we got past the first set of doors, extended the bridge, and failed to get past the 2nd set of doors before time ran out.

Round 2, they got past the first set of doors, and with about a minute left they extended the bridge at which point the game insta-ended with them being declared the victors.

The only way I can think of that this would be fair is if the game keeps track of how long it takes you to capture each objective and picks the winner based on who captured the fastest in the case of a tie. So in the game I played since they (presumably) extended the bridge faster than we did, the game instantly declared them the winners because there was no way for them to lose after that.

I'm confused though because I thought that if both teams made the same progress it would be a tie and a random winner would be picked.

There is no such thing as a tie in voidstar. If neither team is able to get to the end then the team that got the furthest wins. If both got to the same objective then the team that did it the fastest wins. If neither team plants any bombs that is when it becomes random.

The only time the game picks a random winner is if neither team makes it through the first door. If both teams make it further than the first door, then it is time dependent as you noticed (assuming they both get stopped at the same point). Edited by Aaroneus

The only time the game picks a random winner is if neither team makes it through the first door. If both teams make it further than the first door, then it is time dependent as you noticed (assuming they both get stopped at the same point).

Exactly this.

The only true tie is 0-0.

As far as I can tell:

0-0 ties = A coinflip victory (factually awful)

2nd attackers achieve the same score quicker = Instant win for 2nd attackers (makes perfect sense)

2nd attackers achieve the same score slower = A coinflip victory if 2nd attackers don't overtake in the remaining time (plain unfair to the 1st attackers)

I've won games I should've lost due to the third scenario. In the 0-0 scenario they surely should've left some control over the victory in the players hands; moreso since it's a coinflip that could speed or slow your daily and weekly. Maybe weigh the victory based on team-total objective points or medals at least.

The map layout alone indicates to me that the dev team were not big on competative games. There's a reason why a lot of attack/defend online games place objectives in order of easiest to hardest for the attacker. But I'll shut up because I'm derailing. :mad: