Gunnery vs other range

Arcmoon

After the changes in 1.3 I'm wondering how our dps stands in comparison to other classes. I'm atm full rakata with few BH bits, dropped the P4 bonus for the sake of BH helmet and custom legs. On losing p4 i had to modify my spec a bit to extend the cast time to maximum for the most efficient ammo regen (got rid of FR/WC). As far as it goes, I'm only semi-satisfied with my dps. But I'm getting to the point. Should gunnery do more damage than sages or gunslingers? I'm talking about the level of Denova HM. Currently there's only 1 sage in my guild who's doing more dps but the difference seems worrying as it's from 30-100k damage according to MOX. Thoughts?

Im top DPS in my guild, most of the time by 300k overall for an OP. Has been as much as 700k ahead. Second is always a shadow followed by 2 sents. I see no problem with Commando dps or Ammo regen, Ive never been beaten in an OP yet according to SWMonitor. MOX before that Edited by HileyQuiggley

i do about the same amount of dps as an assault vanguard in my guild, and we're a bit higher than most others (except an infiltration shadow who generally blows us out of the water)

we're at the high-end in terms of gear compared to our guild though, so take that with a grain of salt.

After the changes in 1.3 I'm wondering how our dps stands in comparison to other classes. I'm atm full rakata with few BH bits, dropped the P4 bonus for the sake of BH helmet and custom legs. On losing p4 i had to modify my spec a bit to extend the cast time to maximum for the most efficient ammo regen (got rid of FR/WC). As far as it goes, I'm only semi-satisfied with my dps. But I'm getting to the point. Should gunnery do more damage than sages or gunslingers? I'm talking about the level of Denova HM. Currently there's only 1 sage in my guild who's doing more dps but the difference seems worrying as it's from 30-100k damage according to MOX. Thoughts?

Go get your P4 bonus back, redo you spec to optimal DPS, and just move the BH mods over to your Rakata pieces.

Go get your P4 bonus back, redo you spec to optimal DPS, and just move the BH mods over to your Rakata pieces.

This....

I get my BH gear and just use the mods, 4 piece Rakata helps alot, with HiB being free and extra crit to Grav. Im 2379 Aim, 652 Pwr, 40.5% Crit, 75.5% Surge and 100.5% Accuracy fully buffed. Nobody is beating me on dps I can assure you.

I know, trying to get rakata legs bit since in stupidity i sold the empty item. Finally, gonna fill up the items with augments. As far as I know this class I was just curious how other classes manage. Gonna breach 2k aim barrier this week and see how it goes.

In PvE Gunnery Commando Damage is ok They have high damage skill with Easy rotation and a mob never try to stop you. You can fire fire fire as your need That make your damage output very high.

But In PvP Gunnery is easy to shut down by other player. Because you must stand to fire Gravity Round as your combo starter. If other class see you they will come to interupt you or charging to melee range then run around you or used obstruction to avoid your shot. You never fire at him as you want. Your damage output will be down.

Compare with other range DpS Who can fire at 30 mates

GS has a screen that protect enemy to leave or pool Prevent them from CC They can hold position and fire from distance (and they can fire longer than us) Enemy Who want to fight with them must move ti them that mean they can shoot first before they enemy can reach to them. GS is better to do as a Turret Class than us

Sage has excellent Resource management and great survival skill they can throwing rocks to you continuously it will pushback your castbar you will find to hard to fire him back and if you can hit them 1 or 2 shot it usedless because they will absorb by bubble. If you lucky to hit him a lot he will Run away to somewhere youcant hit him and recast bubble again. Ar.... you run out of armo