End Game healing help

So I did EV Story Mode for the first time tonight. For the most part it went fine for some key areas( I was accused of not healing my tank..and not using aoe heals at one point, the puzzle deal..It was BS, the only time I stopped healing him was when me and the other two guys in our sub group where being zergged, but I think that was more frustration then anything). I felt that my heals are way too low, Kolto injection with out the crit would heal around 2000 hp and on crit around 5000... my nano is crappy and im not surprised no one realized i was using it it only heals between 200 -500 per second.

off the top of my head my cunning is around 1400 now. Any suggestions for gear I should be trying to get? or if there's certain stats I should be focusing on now? Also are my heals just way too low to be doing Operations for a while?

Edited by Darthwolfin
spelling errors

It would help to know what kind of gear you have on as of now with this, as well as your Crit, Crit multi, and Activation speed percentages are.

Generalizing everything, for PvE purposes you should chase Columi gear as much as you can, with maybe an occasional Battlemaster gear thrown in as a temporary use to just buff stats while you're gearing up. Best way to do this is to do the dailies/weekly for both WZs and HMs, since doing them gives you a bunch of credits and commendations to play with. Keeping up with your relics and implants can be a big thing too, since it's easy to forget you need to keep boosting those up as well. Of course, if you can get Rakata or Black Hole gear by all means go for it, but as a "start up" you should be trying to get Columi gear and toss in a bit of Tionese as place holders if you dont yet have BM there.

For stats, you generally hear people say to aim for a Crit rating of 30-35% and a Crit multiplier of 70-75%, the most usual combinations you hear of being 30 Crit and 75 multi or 35 Crit and 70 multi (all un-buffed, by the way). I personally have a bit over 35 crit and just under 70 multi as of now (w/ IA buff), but to each his own. After that you typically can go for power since it helps to buff up everything, and alacity since that helps you pump out heals faster. Of course that's just all generalizing, go with which stats you like to boost to fit your kind of play style. The one thing to keep in mind though is that Cunning is your main stat and will help boost your heals big time, so get as much of that as you can. I mean, if you have a piece of gear that you loose 2 cunning but gain, say, 48 crit, then by all means take it, but generally speaking you want to keep your cunning up as high as you can.

It's also important to remember that people just like to troll healers at every turn, since it's apparently never the tanks or dps' faults for messing things up. If tanks dont hold aggro and mobs suddenly start beating up the dps, that means you have to do that much more work to keep everyone up, but all the non-healers see is that their health is going low so, ifso facto, its the heals fault. Just brush it off and take it all in stride, or you can send a nice message by letting someone die if they start getting into the habit of jumping into mobs when you're not ready or if they just piss you off. That should be enough to shut their mouths for a bit.

Edited by z-monty

Thanks for replying monty,

As of right now I'm wearing a columi field medics suit, columi field medics gloves, a xenotechi field medics belt, a tionese field medic leggings, the rest of my stuff I have modded with different skill mods..all the mods are purple expect for one or two i think.

My crit chance is 36.13% and my crit modifier is 69.35% my cunning at the moment with a stim is 1518. and i have a activation speed of 14.17% the points for ac is 336.

so get my crit modifier up a bit more and continue to focus on cunning and start focusing on power now?

Yea I was getting upset at them, first time in game that happened to me, but I just said sure and kept going.

Yeah it seems like you're doing things right so far. I know it's a pain in the rear to grind out gear but its such a nice feeling whenever you get another set of columi or something. I'd suggest just to keep running the 'easy' HMs like Black Talon and The Foundry just to fill up your PvE Galactic Conquest daily/weekly to rack up the commendations.

Stats seem ok, but then again I'm not really one to crunch the numbers in my spare time, I play to have fun XD. I would say Cunning first though just always as a general rule, except of course if, like I said, you gain a crap ton of, say, crit multi and loose only a tiny bit of Cunning.

And like I said, people can suck so just shrug it off or use your power as a healer to send them a message. Most people are nice but there's always that one turd in the punch bowl. Just grind it out as best you can, since a good team should be able to beat HMs and Operations, all things being equal, even if the healer is a bit under stacked.

Well, I can say your alacrity can be sacrificed for power/surge mods. 14% is a little high, and I tend to keep mine down around 9% which gets my KI cast to about 1.8 seconds. Most of what you rely on to heal does not use alacrity, so it's better off in power, which is where the big green numbers are going to come from. Your crit is fine, I wouldn't invest much more into it.

Your HoT isn't the strongest thing, but you're not relying on it for heal strength so much as TA procs. Mine ticks for about 1.4k on a crit. What you should be relying on his juggling your free heals with your KI. Our AoE heal is expensive and situational. So on the stack phase of Annihilation Droid, After people run back from lava on Gharj, and on stair phase of Soa are the only places in EV you will probably need it. If there was heavy healing needed on puzzle, it wasn't your fault. It was your groups fault for taking more than two minutes to complete puzzle.

I'll tell you n all honestly, you will be remodding a lot of the stuff you get from the tier vendors as the itemization is not optimal for our class. So, as far as advice goes, just keep trying to get your columi gear, sacrifice some of that alacrity for power/surge, and don't let terrible groups get to you. Even if they blame you, it may not be your fault in the first place.

Edited by Cite