Need some spec advice

hey i just started a marauder (second alt) for the fun of it and been playing in annihilation tree.

I'm lvl 19 atm but looking at the tree it looks very heavily based on the DoT from bleeding, carnage seems to be more single target focusing and rage looks like an AoE build up towards smash and being very mobile with 2 jumps.

Are all 3 specs within DPS parser rage of eachother?

Can all 3 specs be used for Ops eventually?

Hoping to play pvp whilest lvling, which is the best?

Any additional info about specs/play style is welcome

My main is a Deception Assassin, so i'm use to playing burst damage.

Edited by Exiled-Phoenix

For were you are right now, go with this:

- Spec to get 1 point of rage back every time you use Vicious Slash

- Spec to get 2 points of rage back every time you crit with Vicious Slash

- Quest in Shi-Cho form

- Make Avid use of Smash at your level.

Do this, and you were enjoy the game.

For were you are right now, go with this:

- Spec to get 1 point of rage back every time you use Vicious Slash

- Spec to get 2 points of rage back every time you crit with Vicious Slash

- Quest in Shi-Cho form

- Make Avid use of Smash at your level.

Do this, and you were enjoy the game.

Only if your name is Cartman.....or you're wanting to try something super gimmicky.

At level 20, you start getting a signature class ability. Annihilation spec acquires Deadly Saber, Carnage gets Ataru Form, and Rage snags Obliterate. At the very least, you want to rush in one of the trees until you get this.

Edited by coldserpent

I went with a 5/34/2 build and love it.

Annihilation = A ton of maintenance on DoTs but has good dps and a lot of pve utility function

Carnage = single target nightmare and straight up dps

Rage = mostly War Zone PvP functionality

i stayed carnage from 10-50 and used the WZ's a ton so i would recommend it, and carnage has the highest single target dps so is the most suited for ops.

Edited by Xandole

Even with a healer comp I found anni to be the most helpful with your dot healing. I level'd anni all the way to 50 and have recently went rage for pvp and doing daily's I find myself taking much more dmg without my self healing. The maintenance of your dots are not hard seeing as you only have to pop deadly saber when its up and then ravage, fill the rest with smash and force scream to keep mobs stunned.

I gave excellent advice for his level. Too bad you don't understand the value of it.

It would work if you picked up the boost to Vicious Slash's crit along w/ the rage return in Annihilation's T1 row, so that you can help your chances of a rage return. But if you're going for a Rage leveling build, you'd want to pick up Obliterate as fast as you could for the extra leap that does decent damage. With your suggestion, the OP wouldn't be able to get Obliterate until level 23 at the minimum, and possibly later if he wanted to get Short Fuse or some other skill instead.