Is there a certain rank companion gift you should use at certain affection levels?

Heist

I'm leveling up Investigation (to go along with Scavenging and Armstech) and using the companion gifts to raise my companions' affection. At certain affection levels should I be using certain rank companion gifts to be the most effective? I believe that using a low ranked gift on a high affection companion will result in no affection gain, but is it more/less effective to use high rank gifts on companions with low effection? Or is there no benefit or detriment to doing this?

To further clarify my question: I'm able to make rank 5 companion gifts right now. When I get my next companion they'll be starting with an empty affection bar, should I make rank 1 gifts for him until he reaches, say, 1000 affection and then jump to rank 2, etc.? Or should I just give him rank 5 gifts from the start?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.