Swtor youtube Permission!

Heraseth

So I've been trying to request permission to use the ingame swtor footage for youtube and every turn i make is either met with no reply or the following reply:

Greetings Heraseth,

I am Protocol Droid W4-T3, Human-Cyborg Relations.

I have received your email regarding setting up a fansite for Star Wars: The Old Republic.

I understand that you need to have permission from us so that you can create videos using in game footages. I understand that you already sent an email to Fansites@swtor.com but you have not received any reply.

For further follow ups, I advise you to post this concern on our communtiy forum and to send an email again to Fansites@swtor.com. I apologize for the delay.

Should you require further assistance with this or any other issue, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Galactic support is our specialty...

Regards,

Protocol Droid W4-T3 (aka Czarina)

Star Wars ™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service

So i am posting this concern on the community forum as requested. I would like granted permission to use ingame swtor footage to further make Youtube helpful videos.

Considering the fact the video's in general serve to promote the game i can't see why this is taking weeks for a decent/any response, Hell even a response of "we are looking into it and it might talk some time" would be nice!

Ok to update for those of you who might find this info useful.

The initial request was straight forward denied and i can understand that and accept it, but as i got hold of the permissions team in EA I responded with the following question:

Ok thank you.

Can you please tell me if it is ok than to make video's using the in-game footage for youtube without monetisation?

Also can you please provide information as to what your press release content rights are as well as the rights for review/commentary of the game in the context of fair use rights.

Dear Heraseth:

We are writing in response to your request dated July 12, 2012. EA does not grant authorization for your requested use of our intellectual property. You should consult legal counsel for specific legal advice regarding your request.

Thank you

In short trying to get permission is a no go and I found the response to my question kind of insulting as it completely avoided my questions by telling me to seek legal advice instead.

So unless you are some big name guys in the gaming world, I would suggest not making any videos using any of the in-game footage.

On a personal note I will no longer be doing so for swtor as in general it the fact they could shut it all down any second makes it not worth the risk.

I'm also going to stop playing the game as this was kinda the nail in the coffin for me. For those of you who have been kind enough to follow me, I'm terribly sorry guys but I don't condone the fact that users can't display their own art-form for a game they love by means such as machinema, commentary, hints, tips and guides..etc

Take care