Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

hk-51

crunchbarry

so i heard you have to have 2 50s of opposing factions on the same server. eh. i don't really like the idea of playing both factions on the same server. maybe on different servers. and i won't level a character to 50 just to get this companion, so i guess i'll miss out on this content. you guys really should make legacy cross server. who cares what the name of your legacy is as long as you get the rewards. or, simply, allow duplicate legacy names.

I don't know that it was ever said that your Republic and Imperial characters both had to be level 50. I know it was said that you would want to have characters on opposing factions but that's all we know at this point last time I checked.

I believe there was some developer originated information that you needed one level 50 and a mid game character on the opposing faction. Speculation I've seen is Hoth level, but that's JUST speculation as far as I know.

yes, this is just speculation, but it seems the general rumor is that you'll have to have an opposing faction toon on the same server. and even if it is only level 35-40ish... or even lvl 1-15ish... eh. hypothetically, if i were to level an opposing faction toon just for this companion.. i would never play that toon again. (not that i plan on doing this because i don't)

...but i do want an assassin droid, lol.

I believe there was some developer originated information that you needed one level 50 and a mid game character on the opposing faction. Speculation I've seen is Hoth level, but that's JUST speculation as far as I know.

Considering that the original quest in the beta to get him started on Hoth I'd say that's about right.

so i heard you have to have 2 50s of opposing factions on the same server. eh. i don't really like the idea of playing both factions on the same server. maybe on different servers. and i won't level a character to 50 just to get this companion, so i guess i'll miss out on this content. you guys really should make legacy cross server. who cares what the name of your legacy is as long as you get the rewards. or, simply, allow duplicate legacy names.

I thought the same thing, started grinding a Jedi Knight and I'm loving the story and Kira. I'm playing a Goodie Goodie cept when it concerns Kira! I've never like playing Republic even in Galaxies. Im having enough fun that a Smuggler and Trooper may be in my Future!

I thought the same thing, started grinding a Jedi Knight and I'm loving the story and Kira. I'm playing a Goodie Goodie cept when it concerns Kira! I've never like playing Republic even in Galaxies. Im having enough fun that a Smuggler and Trooper may be in my Future!

lol, well i would like to play both factions just not on the same server.

I think, before I put in some crazy effort to get this still-unavailable Comp, I'd like some idea of what he'll do/how he'll work. I already know he isn't HK-47, which is a shame, because he was one of my favorite real KOTOR characters (along with Mira and Brianna), but if he's going to be rather like him, I'll accept some differences. Still, if he's not much better than any other Comp at lvl 50, not having some really awesome abilities, or some such, then the work won't be worth it. As it is, I'm having enough trouble leveling one Toon (I only blame myself here), and haven't even started leveling another for alt careers, much less one on the opposite faction, who can't relate much to my Guardian, beyond some Legacy stuff I don't yet have, and and getting one Companion who is mostly a mystery. They should give us some more clues, keep us salivating in anticipation. Quit acting like telling us some stuff is going to ruin some big surprise; it's not a whole new game, just a new character in it. If they were planning to add the ability to make new Droid PCs, that would be one thing, but that's not what it is.

Anywho, still looking forward to this character, if only to see how ludicrously difficult he'll be to get, and if his abilities are worth that effort.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.