Marauder Rage Spec

I'm trying to figure out how to make a rage spec work in both PvP and PvE. Every time I fight a guildie of mine, who is in carnage spec, she beats me when I get her to roughly 30% health. Is there any particular way to set up your talents or rotations to make rage a viable spec for PvP and PvE?

I'm trying to figure out how to make a rage spec work in both PvP and PvE. Every time I fight a guildie of mine, who is in carnage spec, she beats me when I get her to roughly 30% health. Is there any particular way to set up your talents or rotations to make rage a viable spec for PvP and PvE?

I play Rage as well, and I do very well against carnage and beat the hell out of Annihilation.

My rotation is (although a bit unorthodox because I use Force Charge at the beginning is)

Force Charge>Battering Assult>Force Choke>Smash>Force Scream>Ravage>Force Scream

For fillers I just spam Thrash or whatever it is we use to build up rage, and spam vicious slash until I reach 30 stacks of fury, then for your defense I start off with

Cloak of Pain>Saber Ward>(30stacks of fury) Predation

Note: I only use Predation and Saber Ward when they use Gore/Ravage, then I pop up Obliterate or Force Choke to interrupt.

If you have the Shockwave talent, make sure you make the best out of force choke and your smash ability.

Edited by GCLAN

I play Rage as well, and I do very well against carnage and beat the hell out of

Force Charge>Battering Assult>Force Choke>Smash>Force Scream>Ravage>Force Scream

If you have the Shockwave talent, make sure you make the best out of force choke and your smash ability.

how do you do the second force scream after only 4.5 sec (gcd of force scream + 3 sec ravage) when the cd is 12 sec?

You want to stack power/surge over crit as rage. You also should be kiting the carnage a bit since they will be slowed during your setup to reduce damage as your melee versus their melee in between smash cooldowns won't favor you. Basically its like, crush (side step to 5-6) , saber throw or force scream, back in for smash, cripple slash, side step out, saber throw/force scream, obliterate, crush, smash. Toss in battering as necessary but you should be swimming in energy in the rage tree.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100ZhGbZGMRrdfobfz.2

Up there is the link to my spec.

Hope it helps. (:

This doesn't seem better than the 5/3/33 spec...

http://www.noxxic.com/swtor/pve/sith-warrior/sith-marauder/rage/talent-builds

No short fuse? I thought one of the major selling points with 1.2+ rage was the ability to obtain short fuse?

3 points in accuracy talents? I must be missing something!