Overload Saber

Zarslothis

Watchman: Assuming you Force leap in, you need to first decide if you need to apply your slow or healing debuff, typically I always apply my slow even if there are team mates attacking, as it really blows if they slow you and simply walk away :p. So, Force Leap(4)->Overload Saber(in air)(1)->Zealous Strike(7)-> Leg Slash(5)->Cauterize(3)(pop Zen now if you have it)->Strike(5)->Merciless Slash(1). As you can see, that kinda takes a while, if you remove leg slash you can finish that much quicker as you don’t need to Strike either, just 3 hits after landing on your target and hes got your dots and has some hurt going. So when you really want to kill something, forego that Leg Slash. Usually this will do quite a number to someones health bar AND you have 6 good crit dots coming.

Thanks for reading![/indent]

How do folks get Overload Saber to work in the air. Last night practicing on a test dummy, I went to the farthest range before using Force Leap, and immediately hit the Overload Saber button while in the air, but the effect did not go off until I landed on the ground? Am I missing something, I have both bound to keys, so pressing them back to back. Level 36 Sentinel at the moment, thanks for any help

Do you have any lag? other than that i can't think of anything if you're pressing them back to back.

If it's only the visual you mean, that can happen due to some weird animation trigger/timing, but the effect itself (the 3 stacks you get) are instant.

Ofcourse you still have to use 3 melee attacks before the stacks are applied on the target

Edited by Stealios

Not sure what you're trying to achieve. If you want leap to apply stack, it's impossible if you use overload saber after it. Animation isn't important, most of skills hit when you spess button.

If you want to apply stack with next attack after landing, I don't see a problem. You use Leap, during GCD use OS, then just hit them some more.

Overload Saber is off the global cooldown (GCD).

That means that it can be used at any time. Not only that, when you use it the GCD is not initiated.

When you Leap (for example), the GCD is initiated and for 1,5s all your abilities cannot be used *EXCEPT* for abilities that are off the GCD like Overload Saber. So, that means you can Leap, immediately use Overload Saber and when you land the GCD should be ending allowing you to use whatever other ability you want to.

Overload Saber is off the global cooldown (GCD).

That means that it can be used at any time. Not only that, when you use it the GCD is not initiated.

When you Leap (for example), the GCD is initiated and for 1,5s all your abilities cannot be used *EXCEPT* for abilities that are off the GCD like Overload Saber. So, that means you can Leap, immediately use Overload Saber and when you land the GCD should be ending allowing you to use whatever other ability you want to.

like said before, the ability "strikes" as soon as you leap. Which is NOT after you landed.

Thats why leap -> overload, will never apply.

you have to overload-> leap instead.

like said before, the ability "strikes" as soon as you leap. Which is NOT after you landed.

Thats why leap -> overload, will never apply.

you have to overload-> leap instead.

Read his post again, he says that after that GCD (when you land with leap) you can do your other abilities. He doesn't say that overload saber is applied by the leap