Increase Schematic Research Success Rate??

GeneralBoss

Im loving the revearse engineering. I have taken synthweaving as my crafting skill. But it takes to long and is so expensive. Is there any way to increase the "chance to research a schematic: 10%" to something higher than 10%? And if so whats the highest it can go?

Im loving the revearse engineering. I have taken synthweaving as my crafting skill. But it takes to long and is so expensive. Is there any way to increase the "chance to research a schematic: 10%" to something higher than 10%? And if so whats the highest it can go?

Most items have a 20% chance to gain a new schematic, though Murphy seems to make sure the one you want is the last one you get.

There is no way to increase the chance though they really need to put in some kind of streakbreaker for it, or maybe just increase the chance per failed attempt maybe.

I would love this too because I waste so much time and mats on RE in example 25 mins to craft an item to RE it in 10 seconds and fail now I have to wait another 25 Mins to craft the item and hope it doesn't do the same. My suggestion maybe make it a legacy perk or maybe an augment that can be socketed in certain pieces like gloves even making it something that can be attained through missions to attain special "item" that can be consumed to grant bonus temporarily would do. Anyone else have any thoughts or ideas here?

Given that the 10% ones also have 5 different recipes to go to, I'd like to see them bumped up to 20%. The rest is fine. (Or if you want another money sink, add a character perk to increase RE success rate)

it definitely needs to be fixed, i have crafted armor mods and have gone through 12 mods before the RE worked. 1 of 12 is 8.33% success rate not 20%. It needs to work that if you craft five peices of something with a 20% rate that within those 5 you will be able to RE a new schematic. Especially with artifact level equipment, since it is so hard to find a mission that will get you the purple mats.

it definitely needs to be fixed, i have crafted armor mods and have gone through 12 mods before the RE worked. 1 of 12 is 8.33% success rate not 20%. It needs to work that if you craft five peices of something with a 20% rate that within those 5 you will be able to RE a new schematic. Especially with artifact level equipment, since it is so hard to find a mission that will get you the purple mats.

Because you're not doing the math correctly. Each item you RE has a 20% (or 10%) chance to successfully learn a schematic. This is not additive - every RE attempt after that has a flat 20% chance again to learn a schematic.

That means every time you RE something there is an 80% (90%) chance you will fail.

Also keep in mind that there are 10's of thousands of people playing the game and crafting - in a population that large and in a system based on RNG, there will be streaks (both good and bad). You're just one of the unfortunate ones (though not that unfortunate since I've gone 40+ to get an RE once).

Also as far as the cost goes - crafting is a money sink, like it or not. That's true in any game that has one. They won't increase the rates because that would a) dilute the value since the higher tier items would be easier to get and b) kill the market since it would be trivial for anyone to make it themselves rather than trying to have it crafted or buying off the GTN.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.