First Assault Cannon

Bludengutz

I just hit lvl10 with my Trooper, and after a bit of running around found the quest that led to the Advanced Skills trainer, and got that side sorted out. I chose Commando to see what it is like (I want to try healing in this game as well as tank or dps) - but of course, I have as a weapon the Orange Blaster Rifle you get for saving Mannett Point! Where does my first Assault Cannon come from, is it a quest reward? I can't find a basic weapons vendor on the Fleet Space Station, and don't recall seeing one for sale at Fort Garick either.

Sorry for such a dumb question, any help appreciated:)

Thank you, I don't recall being given a bag but I will check:)

It just sort of appears in your inventory without any sort of notification. I actually missed it the first time because it looked like one of those junk "Supply Bag" trash items in my inventory. :p

But yeah, whenever you select an Advanced Class, it gives you a little "starter kit" for that AC. When you select Commando, it gave you a bag that includes an orange moddable assault cannon and an offhand power generator. Vanguards would get a shield generator as well, and no cannon. Same goes for non-Trooper AC's; Sentinel gets a second lightsaber, Shadow gets a double-bladed saber and a shield and focus, Gunslinger gets a second blaster, and so on.

Just look in your inventory for the supply bag to give you your standard issue autocannon. along with a generator I am level 50 and I still use that autocannon because I put artifact mods in it, making that my most powerful piece of gear.

It just sort of appears in your inventory without any sort of notification. I actually missed it the first time because it looked like one of those junk "Supply Bag" trash items in my inventory. :p

Ha yeah I tried to sell it a couple of times.