The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

shield tech pve tanking

fitzle

ok so i coming from a 50 jedi guardian and i was used to tanking ev and hm ev and kraggas as the main tank.

my question is a shield tech bh are they any good at main tanking ops? my guild was using me the guardian as the main tank and a shadow as off tank. so i really have never seen a bh tank.

now im leveling pyro for the fun dps in pve and as well in pvp but at 50 im looking more twords being a tank if they can tank like a mt. i dont mind being a off tank if i would have to be but i love main tanking.

so to you shield techs out there how are u guys faring?

thx

My tank spec powertech is still just level 48 so will be running ops soon. Compared to my shadow tank it seems pretty good so far in heroics and fp's. As far as levelling goes the shadow could easily tank champs/elites 2 levels higher compared to only 1 level difference for the powertech. Never the less i'm looking forward very much to running ops and have my rakata stuff crafted already. The downsides I can see are the lack of cc and managing heat levels, which I sometimes struggle with.

The downsides I can see are the lack of cc and managing heat levels, which I sometimes struggle with.

Try running 16 man Operations where CC doesn't work so you won't feel left out ^^ and don't try to go toe to toe with the DPS but instead timing your taunts to the best effect soon as they off cool downs and you'll be fine :)

Edited by Mikroswitch