Noob needs maurader endgame help

Bosefus_

Hi all. Let me start this by saying that this is my first MMO ever. Up until this point I have been pretty much 'winging' it. However, now that I have my maurader to level 50, I figured it was about time to learn the finer points of the game. So, please be kind and explain things like you would to a 3 year old so I can grasp it.

1. What is the difference between my 3 skill trees? I thought force crush sounded cool, so I chose the rage tree. However, it seems that NOONE is choosing this tree. They all go with annihilation or carnage. Why? Should I change?

2. I understand the main stats pretty well, but I'm completely lost on the secondary stats. I have heard that I want power, as it will increase my damage, but I have also heard the same thing for critical rating. I have also heard that there is a cap on these stats. So, if you were in my shoes, or better yet, if you're a maurader, what stats have you focused on? What order are they in as far as importance, what percentages are they, and what is their cap?

Again, you will need to dumb everything down for me. Like WAY down. And I really do appreciate any help anyone can offer. Thank you so much.

Annihilation is a dot-spec, carnage is burst and rage is aoe-smash-thingy(I think). Annihilation and carnage are the PvE trees, but should both work in PvP as well. Rage is PvP only. Since I dont do PvP I cant really say much about that, but for PvE I use carnage myself. I've never actually tried annihilation, but apparently its the about the same damage as carnage over a long period of time. However, a lot of raid bosses require burst damage, so I stick to my carnage.

Str is obviously mainstat. Endurance you dont need to think about. Crit rating should be at ~25% unbuffed (~30% buffed) and surge at ~75%. The closer accuracy is to 110%, the better(apparently). But you shouldn't overthink such stats too much. Just go for the weaponmaster set and you'll end up at okay-ish stats. Different stats goes up and down depending on which item you switch out when going to the higher tier. Obviously get everything augmented with might augments.

My stats unbuffed:

Str: 1925

Endu: 1722 (~19.9k hp)

Power: 601

Accu: 105.17% (258 accu rating)

Crit: 24.73% (163 crit ragin)

Surge: 75.21% (267 surge rating)

Buffed with stim I'll end up at ~2150 str, 20.7k hp, 29.73% crit and some extra power. I stacked a lot of power by doing custom belt/bracers with the str/endu/power augments from black hole boots/legs. With good might armoring it's better than the campaign ones.

http://swtorhumanrelations.com/2012/01/18/sith-marauder-guide/

I used this once (atleast for items), but it's getting more and more outdated, especially when it comes to skilltrees. Also I never cared much about the accuracy, just don't rip out all of it.