The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PvP shieldtechs post-1.3-- what kind of build are you running now?

JidaiGeki

With the loss of our critical bonus to rocket punch (perhaps justified, but with no kind of warning or justification from devs it still felt harsh and unwarranted), I've simply taken the two points I had in that talent and moved them to rebraced armor. If we're not supposed to do any damage, then another 16% armor doesn't hurt, right?

This is the build I'm running now: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301Mc0MZZGoGrdRrRhR.2

34 points may be a heavy investment into ST, but there are five points in there that I feel are invaluable for PvP, namely the speed boost from jet charge, the immobilizing effect of grapple, and the ion cell snare. I also quite simply could not live without the reduced CD on grapple, especially in Huttball.

I actually feel better about my role now that we've had damage nerfed. Pre-1.3 I would occasionally get too caught up on trying to burst someone down, rather than doing what I should have been doing as a tank (debuffing, taunting, CC'ing). Now that my damage sucks I don't have to worry about that.