Why is Void Star scoring still broken?

Dawginole

Why has the scoring issue been ongoing since prior to 1.2 and it's still broken 3+ months later? I have been in match after match after match post 1.3 where the Imp team completes an objective that then ties the Rep team and the game suddenly ends with the Imps receiving 6 points.

I.e. Rep team will have completed say up to the second set of doors, which means the first doors and bridge have been accomplished and the team ends the round with two points. Imps will then follow suit, completing bridge which then should tie the game at 2. They would need to get through the #2 doors to score the third point and win at which the game should stop. But the game is stopping when they get the tying point.

Subsequently, while I can't prove this, since the glitch is also awarding them 6 points instead of them just winning by one more point, I'm betting my bottom dollar the team that receives the glitch is being awarded more comms and this is just one more example of the out right buffoonery in the comm distribution that is giving certain folks a step ahead in the gear race.

Rob Hinkle (Senior PvP Designer): Excellent question! We've actually gone through a series of adjustments to improve this very system. As of 1.3, here is how a winner is determined in Voidstar: There are 6 checkpoints inside the Warzone - the 3 sets of blast doors, the bridge in the reactor room, the forcefields in the cargo room, and the datacore itself. The team that gets the furthest wins the Warzone. If both teams get to the same checkpoint, then whichever team gets to that point the quickest wins.

When the Warzone figures out that one team has already won the match (since they are the 2nd team on the attack and have exceeded their opponents’ progress, or have gotten to the same spot faster), the match will end immediately instead of playing out the rest of the game to a known ending.

Above is from 6/29 Q&A

Previous scoring was not giving correct rewards for quick wins and apparently having the winning team show 6 points is what they needed to do to fix the issue.

Thanks for the reply. To me that is ridiculous. If Team A makes their strongest stand at Cap #1 but Team B makes their strongest stand at Cap #3 both team prevented 3 caps. So it obviously must then come down to a secondary factor to determine the winner, which they are doing by determining who got to the last cap the fastest. But all this does is encourage the second team to give up if they give up one of the first caps quickly. There is no incentive to rally at a secondary or tertiary cap point to try to win the match. This is just going to incentivize players to give up and stand in a defensive area and just gain defense points like they are already doing on Alderaan when the other team gains a decent lead. Annoying....

Have won several matches where we were either short handed at the begining, or people were just brain dead and had the first door capped within the first 30 seconds. We held them at the 2nd door and did not let them pass. There is no incentive to give up on either side until the game is over.

It's not a glitch. Your teams defense sucked too much. The second attackers scored the equalising point QUICKER, which earns them the win.

If the original attackers didn't get to point 6 it means they used the entire time limit. Therefore the second attackers are also entitled to the entire time limit. If the second attackers don't equalise as quickly, they can still use the excess time the first attackers had as a chance to overtake.

The only result that's still ruined in Voidstar is 0-0 ties. Instead of calculating a victor based on objective points or medals or whatever else they could've used, it's still a blind coinflip. BWs excuse, "we put a fence there to make stalemates harder". Ranked games are still proving them to be a very common occurence. Nobody wants their rating to rely on a coinflip.

Thanks for the reply. To me that is ridiculous. If Team A makes their strongest stand at Cap #1 but Team B makes their strongest stand at Cap #3 both team prevented 3 caps. So it obviously must then come down to a secondary factor to determine the winner, which they are doing by determining who got to the last cap the fastest. But all this does is encourage the second team to give up if they give up one of the first caps quickly. There is no incentive to rally at a secondary or tertiary cap point to try to win the match. This is just going to incentivize players to give up and stand in a defensive area and just gain defense points like they are already doing on Alderaan when the other team gains a decent lead. Annoying....

Their is nothing "secondary" about how well your teams are doing at objectives. First attackers set the standard. If the attackers are bested by the other attackers for speed to the same score they lose. If the second attackers get an equaliser slower, they still have the full round length to overtake or else they lose. It's the most fair way you could go about it.

Also how are players that are "giving up" going to sit and grab defensive points on voidstar? Last I checked they're only for defenders, who are clearly doing their job if they're grabbing them. Attackers get attacker points. So that incentivises still cutting people down at the doors, even if it does turn out to be a lesson in futility.

Edited by Cooperal